Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I currently am the mama of a soon to be 1 year old girl on oct. 10. But me and my hub booked a vacation to jamaica in December for a week (mon come back sat) now at first I felt off about it because my little girl cant come so shes staying with gma (his mom) my mom only made me feel worse about it as if im abandoning my child now there's no refunds and time is coming quick and there's no "and if or but" am I a bad mama for leaving when she's only a year and 2 months :( (I cant bring her because its a couples hotel thing)
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
adoreme626
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Its ok to go away for a while , she will be just fine with grandma <3
Lovemyshadows
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Enjoy the opportunity!  Have a great vacation.

CjHonza
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Um, no? You're a great mom for even being worried about it! I was a nanny for three kids ages 1, 3, and 5 and their parents would leave for weeks at a time. One weekend for yourself is FINE.
Wicked.Jester
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM

You and your husband deserve and need alone time as a couple.  Your daughter will be in good hands and will get spoiled to death in your absence.  Have a great time and don't give it another thought.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Go have fun with your hubby she willbe fine
jaycam
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Go have fun. All parents need a break and time with each other. Youb are know were close to a bad mom for wanting some alone time with the hubby.
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM

No you aren't a bad mama,everyone needs a break from little ones & since you seem to have a good safe place to leave her,it's ok. Maybe his mom is jealous cause she never got a vaca like that when he was a baby.You are NOT a bad mom!!

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:07 AM

No you are not a bad mama. This may be the last time you and your hubby get to go on a romantic vacation without any kids along. Go and enjoy yourself and come back with lots of good memories and lots of pictures that you are going to drool over for the rest of your life. Your baby isn't even going to know or understand that you and daddy went away to enjoy themselves for a little while. Like I said do it while she is little and you can. Enjoy.

brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

No, you are not a bad mom.  You have set up childcare for her with a person that loves her almost as much as you do.  You are also making time with your husband and for your relationship a priority, which can only benefit her!  Btw, my son's birthday is October 10 as well and he'll be 4!  So, happy early birthday to your little one.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I wouldn't go off and leave my 15 month old child so I could go off for a week.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)