Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

wedding

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM
  • 9 Replies
What is needed for a small wedding of maybe 30 guests? What should the budget be?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
4x4x16mom
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I had about 30 ppl, i spent 800 on food, decorations, flowers, drinks, wine, my cake, lights, goody bags. 100 on shoes,dress,nails,his shirt,pants, and tie. Then 300 on honeymoon.
cmjustice
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Depends on what you want, where you have it, etc.
Rampgirl04
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Your budget hun can be whatever you want it to be. There is really no right or wrong answers to when it comes to your special day. Where the dress you like and whatever other special items like veil if you want. There is again to right or wrong what you should wear to your own wedding it's whatever you would like. If you want to go with a wedding planner, than all the power to you. I mean honestly I wouldn't spend more than 10k on a small wedding like that but again that's up to you if you want to go all and do more. What you will need is a guest list, a cake for the two of you. I think a buffet is better than a sit down personally for a small guest list but again that's totally up to you. If you want a sit down than by all means go with a sit down. With that Sad much congrats to the both of you if it's yourself that's getting married, If it's someone else you know congrats to them. You didn't really specify if it was you getting married or someone else your planning this for so I'm taking a wild guess it's you lol.

Good Luck :)

RADmomma
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM
That all depends on location , food, decor, dress....

I got married in 2008. We had about 55 ppl for a brunch wedding. We did a brunch buffet. We did all decor ourselves. We spent $2000 total. Including my dress.

Then we spent roughly $2000 on our honeymoon.
deloit
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM
thank you. Yes its me getting married.lol. My 2nd df 1st. I got married at jop my 1st time.i just want a small wedding. The most important thing to me is my daddy walking me down the aisle. I was thinking of a little reception with finger foods mainly.

Quoting Rampgirl04:

Your budget hun can be whatever you want it to be. There is really no right or wrong answers to when it comes to your special day. Where the dress you like and whatever other special items like veil if you want. There is again to right or wrong what you should wear to your own wedding it's whatever you would like. If you want to go with a wedding planner, than all the power to you. I mean honestly I wouldn't spend more than 10k on a small wedding like that but again that's up to you if you want to go all and do more. What you will need is a guest list, a cake for the two of you. I think a buffet is better than a sit down personally for a small guest list but again that's totally up to you. If you want a sit down than by all means go with a sit down. With that Sad much congrats to the both of you if it's yourself that's getting married, If it's someone else you know congrats to them. You didn't really specify if it was you getting married or someone else your planning this for so I'm taking a wild guess it's you lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rampgirl04
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM

YVW, That is wonderful. May you two have many happy years together and I mean that :)

When the time comes that it's time for me and my DF to get married this with be both our 2nd time around and hopefully that will be a charm for my relationship as well as yours.

hugs and also congratulationson your weddingupcoming nuptuals

Quoting deloit:

thank you. Yes its me getting married.lol. My 2nd df 1st. I got married at jop my 1st time.i just want a small wedding. The most important thing to me is my daddy walking me down the aisle. I was thinking of a little reception with finger foods mainly.

Quoting Rampgirl04:

mysticatgal
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Your budget is whatever you can afford and make it work. You will want a ceremony still and dinner but you can make it as much or as little as possible. Cheap solutions would include making food and cake.
DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I wouldn't have a clue, but here is a bump

cgarlic
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Finger foods for 30 people shouldn't be too bad. If you are planning on cooking yourself go to a wholesale club. They have frozen fancier appetizers. If your on Pinterest I'm sure you could find tons if ideas. If you are having it catered maybe search in your area for an up & coming cater that may not be too expensive (don't know your budget). My dh & I just got married at City Hall, we didn't even have a cake :( but we go plan on renewing our vows on our 5th anniversary & having a party.

My sister's second wedding was in my other sister's back yard & they just had cake & punch
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN