Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you ever??? (advice/support/help needed!!!!)

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

Have you ever broken a body part (arm) and had to take care of your infant (will be 4 months sunday)????? if so can i please get some advice on how you pulled it off!! i feel so helpless i just want to cry.. i don't have any family or friends to call on for help untill after 5 or 6 in the afternoon because they work, have thier own life to manage, or live on the other side the country (thats not a joke)!! im on day one of 8 weeks with a cast!! someone save me from going insane please!!! and his father is in the picture but works but he takes over everything when he gets home from work!!!

by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
babicakes19
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry I haven't but I hope things get easier
Grants_mommy
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting babicakes19:

Sorry I haven't but I hope things get easier

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM

I would see about hiring a part time helper during the day until the healing process is over.  I have never broken a body part nor had to take care of an infant during a serious injury like this.

May i ask how it happened?

DLMsMommy
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM
When DD was 3 wks old I broke my foot and it was torture! I will admit my grandma came and States with us the first week... after that I limped around, made sure I had baby in the bassinet beside my bed and had everything she might need within arms reach when I went to bed. DD spent most of her time in a sling because I needed both hands to use crutches and still had to carry her at times. It was tough! (DH was an OTR trucker so it was just me and baby at the time.
Grants_mommy
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I was getting back on my horse and through my leg around because he was starting to walk and my spur caught him in his side and it scared him so he started bucking and I tried catching a better grip on the rains and they slipped out my hand so I fell and tried bracing my fall

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would see about hiring a part time helper during the day until the healing process is over.  I have never broken a body part nor had to take care of an infant during a serious injury like this.

May i ask how it happened?

mamacam7
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I just recently healed from breaking my hand but I don't have infants. My youngest is three but nothing was getting done around the house (as far as dishes and laundry, stuff the kids couldn't help with). I couldn't cook so I had my 8 yr old and my 6 yr old helping out alot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN