Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"Q" For Convalescent Home Stylist

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

"Q" For Convalescent Home Stylist

I just recently started working at a convolesant home which I love since I was a care giver/ hospice for 10yrs. Anyhow does anyone know who pays for the patients haircuts who have medical? When I started working we agreed that I would give free haircuts who are in medical which at that time it was 20% to pay for the station. Plus I provide all of the product, and I don't even have the proper styling seat, but a shampoo seat.

Now all of a sudden over 90% are in medical and they expect me to take care of it. They tell me that Medical said that they are entitled to a free hair cut. My question is at who's expense? I love helping people, and always been compassionate. As much as I would love to I can't afford charity work. 

Anyone with info or who I can call for more information on this situation?
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Nickie76
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Call the human resources or activities department. If the home hosts a yearly activity such as a talent show or Bazaar I think the proceeds go to things like haircuts & other personal maintenance things.
My3SweetHearts
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Thanks Nickie :)

Just called medical to find out info. They said that they have nothing to do with any hair services. They only take care of medical needs. Also found out that  it's the facility's responsibility to pay and care for the patients since they are getting paid to make sure they provide every need. I will call the human resources as well. Thank You!

Quoting Nickie76:

Call the human resources or activities department. If the home hosts a yearly activity such as a talent show or Bazaar I think the proceeds go to things like haircuts & other personal maintenance things.

Nickie76
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM
No problem. I worked in a home, its awful seeing people getting taking advantage of :(

Quoting My3SweetHearts:

Just called medical to find out info. They said that they have nothing to do with any hair services. They only take care of medical needs. Also found out that  it's the facility's responsibility to pay and care for the patients since they are getting paid to make sure they provide every need. I will call the human resources as well. Thank You!

Quoting Nickie76:

My3SweetHearts
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Yes unfortunately I see that all the time :( 

Quoting Nickie76:

No problem. I worked in a home, its awful seeing people getting taking advantage of :(

Quoting My3SweetHearts:

Quoting Nickie76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN