Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how do you handle being sick??!

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 11 Replies
I know us moms rarely get a break for ourselves let alone when we are sick. I can usually truck along & still get most of my daily duties done but right now I can barly peel myself off the couch. I think I may have pneumonia but I cant go to the er til my DS5 gets out of school & I have a DS3 I have to attend to in the mean time. Any one have advice on how to get some energy or at home relief I can try? Im drowning in snot with horrible chest pain & need to push through at least a few more hours :/
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

It's SO hard being sick with little kids. I've only been really sick a few times with them and it was horrible!

Hang in their mama!

hugs

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Raw local honey helps me through these illnesses as well as tea and chicken nooddle soup or just chicken broth to drink.  I am lucky that my guy can pick up the slack when i can not get up with our 7 yr old.

Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Being that its after hours, doctors offices are closed, sounds like you need to take a visit to an Urgent Care our the ER.. Chest pain is nothing to play with, its one of those symptoms that they take you right away if you mention you are experiencing.. Not sure if its severe, with arm pain or just sore from coughing.. I'm not medical but have worked in that type of environment for the longest.. Take care of your self and feel  better..

Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

To answer your question, I am really helpless and pityfull when sick and the worse happens, I loose my sense of taste.. Uuuuugh.. sad

BubNBugsMomE
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Unfortunately my DH works grave yard I have a hard time waking him up if he has any less than 5 hours of sleep. Im heading to the er right now DS is finally out of school it felt like eternity. I just want to feel better I have never felt so out of it it seems in my life!
BubNBugsMomE
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Me too!! I managed to get a pot roast going this morning for dinner, not happy I wont be able to "enjoy" it! Plus my son came in & asked what I was cooking it smells yummy & I realized I cant evwn smell it lol

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

To answer your question, I am really helpless and pityfull when sick and the worse happens, I loose my sense of taste.. Uuuuugh.. sad

BubNBugsMomE
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Thank you! I needed that hug lol

Quoting LuLuRex:

It's SO hard being sick with little kids. I've only been really sick a few times with them and it was horrible!

Hang in their mama!

hugs

Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM

lol, omg not your smell too.. Uuuuugh..Hope you feel better.

Quoting BubNBugsMomE:

Me too!! I managed to get a pot roast going this morning for dinner, not happy I wont be able to "enjoy" it! Plus my son came in & asked what I was cooking it smells yummy & I realized I cant evwn smell it lol

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Aww .. do you have any family or friends you can call?
Feel better ;)

timefor2
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Hope you feel better soon...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)