Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

chemo

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm cooking for a freind going through it. Any suggestions.
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SareyF
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM
When my grandma went through chemo, she had a lot of food aversions and certain things made her sick. It's hard to suggest anything without knowing what the bad stuff is for her.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I agree with Sarey.   I would ask her what appeals to her.  For my dad everything was BLAND during chemo the first round so nothing appealed to him.

kidkrazyinAK
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Chemo gave me a bad taste in my mouth, I prefered strong flavors, but not garlic. I'm sure everyone is different though.

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Check with the friend...what makes her sick..what tastes "bad" to her...what flavors taste good to her...

I vary day to day, it seems.  Right now, I'm eating pork chops grilled with bbq sauce and pineapple.  If you had tried to give me that yesterday, I wouldn't have eaten it.  It was a "bad belly day."  

Bieg9093
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:12 PM

If it's a mom, making stuff for the whole family is the way to go.  I also like to make calorie-rich stuff to make every bite count.  Homemade macaroni and cheese and freshly made applesauce are my go-to dishes.  Also, breaded and fried chicken cutlets are good because they're as tasty a few days later as they are the day they're made.

Bieg9093
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM

And I have one friend whose chemo made absolutely everything taste bad EXCEPT fruit smoothies from Red Mango.  She lived on those things for weeks!

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM
My husband only wanted sweet things savory made him sick during chemo.
bearsbabies
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Thanks ladies for the input!!!!!
RADmomma
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Good luck
booboobear12
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Make sure that if the friend wants steak that it's well done n not medium well but no pink what so ever . My daughter is on chemo and they say all meet must be well done even steak
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN