Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Medical clearence (vent) UPDATE

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

My husband is in the military and he is suppose to be moving while waiting for his next class ( cross training) we are moving with in the states but because our 6 year old is considered special needs by the military (a minor speech issue)he has to have medical clearance. we have been working on getting it since July and every week they are changing their mind about what we need to do. the whole process is just frustrating and exhausting... for me, my husband and our son, especially our son...he's 6 and he has plenty to deal with, a recent move another looming and missing daddy. this process has added a doctors appointment a dental appointment and an interview in the last couple of weeks. I'm not really asking for anything just needed to vent... blah.

so they denied the clearence until  he sees a neuologist... for an anouciation only speech issue poor kid has to go to another doctor next week.AAAGHHH! frustrating

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:09 AM
I'm sorry. My parents were greatful for my dad not being moved every other week. I was in the hospital the first four years of my life which was when my dad was in the AF.
cjsix
by faith on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Hugs Momma! I know these things can be frustrating and take time. It's hard sometimes helping a little one understand but,in due time everything will work out and fall into place. You are doing fine.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Quoting cjsix:

Hugs Momma! I know these things can be frustrating and take time. It's hard sometimes helping a little one understand but,in due time everything will work out and fall into place. You are doing fine.

thanks.you a kid has had enough when they cry about missing school...

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Quoting Bookoholic:

I'm sorry. My parents were greatful for my dad not being moved every other week. I was in the hospital the first four years of my life which was when my dad was in the AF.

thanks i'm sorry you had to be in the hospital so much when you were little.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Lmao, I don't remember that period. I was having to many seizures. But age 9ish and older I do, if I see pictures of that time and depending on my age I can have a feeling about it.

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting Bookoholic:

thanks i'm sorry you had to be in the hospital so much when you were little.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Jeez.  They need to figure out what to do so that the child can get settled in new place and a new schedule for any of his needs.  That is weird to me that a speech problem would need medical clearance.

catlover792
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:51 AM

BUMP!

catlover792
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 4:51 AM

BUMP!

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:51 PM
It's weird to me too...but they say they do

Quoting frndlyfn:

Jeez.  They need to figure out what to do so that the child can get settled in new place and a new schedule for any of his needs.  That is weird to me that a speech problem would need medical clearance.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM
His speech problem comes from a weakness on the right side of his face and that makes it medical as far they are concerned

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)