Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Vaccinate people.. we dont want break outs.. of polio!

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 36 Replies

read this article and you'll see why I am pro vaccinating.. but not just letting any vaccination go into your kid. We dont do the flu shot because hello.. it makes you sick so whats the point>?

here's the link.! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jj-keith/vaccines_b_3829948.html 

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Emmy on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I'll take the science over someone's blog, thanks.

Aramat34
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

OK you first!

No way I'd jab myself or my kid with that crap.

Donna.June
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM
No thank you.
Heymamashakeit
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM
But if you're vaccinated and your kids are then what do you have to worry about?
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:01 PM
For polio... I definitely vaccinate the others I'm sometimes on the fence but not polio... I have watched the effects of post polio syndrome my whole life and I would never ever subject my child to that
goddiddlyumshis
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

We were almost there and to the point of having many deadly childhood/adult disease gone from the books until a few people in society decided it was posioning to all. While nothing is perfect, humans, disease or vaccines, we are close to it. MANY (too many if you ask me) base their opinion on the fact that some have had adverse reactions to vaccines, when the only reactions you should base off of is life or death. I understand many fear IT COULD HAPPEN, but death from vaccine is rare. MANY also shy away from vax due to normal reactions. Fever, rash, site soreness, etc. One look at a child who is dying from a very preventable disease would change their minds, I am sure of that also. I also believe that if a vaccine became available for cancer or autism, parents would lining up in the thousands to get it.

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM
We studied about vaccines after my 3rd daughter had reactions to them. After discovering the ingredients in them, we stopped. My last 5 are completely unvaccinated. All mine are healthy.

I will consider vaccinating when they make them safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I stopped when my 1 yr old would spend days straight screaming and tearing the skin off her legs every single time she got shots. Days of nonstop screaming. No skin on her legs. Blood and scabs. This was every single time she got vaccines.

Quoting momdoes:

We were almost there and to the point of having many deadly childhood/adult disease gone from the books until a few people in society decided it was posioning to all. While nothing is perfect, humans, disease or vaccines, we are close to it. MANY (too many if you ask me) base their opinion on the fact that some have had adverse reactions to vaccines, when the only reactions you should base off of is life or death. I understand many fear IT COULD HAPPEN, but death from vaccine is rare. MANY also shy away from vax due to normal reactions. Fever, rash, site soreness, etc. One look at a child who is dying from a very preventable disease would change their minds, I am sure of that also. I also believe that if a vaccine became available for cancer or autism, parents would lining up in the thousands to get it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToniTennille
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this

It's not as rare as you think. That or maybe my kids are just the small percentage. My son died after his shots and then my two daughters after him almost died because the doctor said the chances were slim. My 4th daughter is not vaccinated. I know it really is a gamble either way but unless you went through the death of a child and then my 3rd daughter they were almost not able to save, I think people need to just stop pressuring others and worry about their own. I'm not angry with you at all with what you posted so don't take it that way. I've just seen the VERY ugly side of vaccines.

Quoting momdoes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)