Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I am looking for some good books to read. I will be looking up all the books you ladies suggest. Thanks in advance.
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Replies (31-39):
abecee
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM

John Grisham

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:57 AM
Bump!
Lindalou907
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:43 AM

"Gone Girl" "While I was Gone" "Little Children" "Silence of the Lambs"

Saharra
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Francine Rivers has some amazing books. Check out the "Mark of the Lion" series! I fell in love with those books and have read them over and over and over. Lol.

Quoting taKENheart:

I only have one book that I recommend because I don't read much. LOL but this one book has been read 4 times by me since 1999.  I'm on my 2nd copy.  The first copy was borrowed from a homeschooled H.S. girl that used to babysit my kids.  I am not a huge book reader but this book is so good.  It's written by a Christian author and I do not attend church.  It is that good.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Saharra
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Some other good ones are-

Black (or Red, White, or Green) (Ted Dekker)
Comes a Horseman (Robert Liparulo)
Who Brings Forth the Wind (Lori Wick)

And then mentioned above is the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. I can't remember what the individual books are called, but they are during roman times. REALLY good!

I read a ton. So, but these are the ones that I remember reading from a long time ago :)
taKENheart
by Flovely on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Oh thank you ;) I thought about checking out other books by her but I wasn't sure anything could compare to the one I love, lol.  I'll go google that one and see if I would like it.
Thanks!

Quoting Saharra:

Francine Rivers has some amazing books. Check out the "Mark of the Lion" series! I fell in love with those books and have read them over and over and over. Lol.

Quoting taKENheart:

I only have one book that I recommend because I don't read much. LOL but this one book has been read 4 times by me since 1999.  I'm on my 2nd copy.  The first copy was borrowed from a homeschooled H.S. girl that used to babysit my kids.  I am not a huge book reader but this book is so good.  It's written by a Christian author and I do not attend church.  It is that good.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Bump
Hadadat
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Moloka'i by Alan Brennert was very good, very emotional. I read it last summer and it still sticks with me.

IronJennyKidd
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM

If you like fantasy, Robin Hobb's Farseer series is an excellent world to dive into.  Follow it up with the Liveship series and finally Tawny Man series.  

There are more books from this particular world she built, but I haven't read them yet and can't in good conscience recommend them.

Shoot!  Even if you've never read fantasy before, try this.  I gave my copies to my sister, who has been reading everything but fantasy, and she's in love with it.  Robin is a wonderful worldweaver and creates amazing characters.  I dare you not to fall in love with the Fool!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN