Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

swimming

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
I live with two roommates and their three kids. One of my roommates is a woman, I'll call her Dee. I told Dee that the Ywca does free three day passes for families. So I printed out one for them and one for Ds and myself. Reason this all came about is one of their kids has a birthday today and she just turned 6, I figured she would love to go swimming.

So after printing them out and everything, she tells me she doesn't want to do it because she (Dee) doesn't get to do her own swimming thing. I was shocked.

My feeling is that one you would have two more passes and could drop the kids off in the kid zone and have swim time to yourself, two there are three adults and we could take turns (more obvious one that I mentioned) andthree could have a different outlook on it.

Don't get me wrong I do care about everyone. But both adults here have been pushing my buttons left and right, altho my list of issues with what they do is getting longer that's not what I wanted to talk about.

My whole post was because Dee wanted to make sure she could do something SHE wanted to do, not what the KIDS might want to do. Needless to say I might be taking Ds swimming tomorrow anyways, its not that I don't want to celebrate a birthday but I don't want to do something that we could do any day of the week. I get that she wants me time but when you have three kids that almost never happens.

Just to add the only other thing that Dee might do that I would consider going to is a free train ride. Its either those or going to a park roasting hot dogs and going on a walk. I really don't like the hot dogs they get and don't care for a walk in the park. Again I may do something else.
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM

i hear you.

hugs.

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Why is this woman worried about her swim time when its one of the kids birthdays? I'm sorry but you can swim, take a walk, go on a train ride, sleep in or whatever on another day, today is the Birthday of a child, give it to her. I wouldn't be in your shoes for a million dollars. Sounds like you are living with all children and no adults.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM
We did go swimming. The dad stayed behind and watched the baby and us mommies took them to swim.

Quoting trainlady:

Why is this woman worried about her swim time when its one of the kids birthdays? I'm sorry but you can swim, take a walk, go on a train ride, sleep in or whatever on another day, today is the Birthday of a child, give it to her. I wouldn't be in your shoes for a million dollars. Sounds like you are living with all children and no adults.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM

That sounds like she was pretty selfish about it but I don't know the whole story so I don't want to judge. I hope you had fun.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:25 PM
We spent an hr there, we plan on signing to kids up for swim lessons.

Quoting jconney80:

That sounds like she was pretty selfish about it but I don't know the whole story so I don't want to judge. I hope you had fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)