Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Adivice On Picking an External battery pack

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:37 AM
  • 13 Replies

Dear all, my phone started to power down after using almost half a year. And l thought a power bank could be helpful when I was outside. After went through so many types and brands of this kind of product, I still have no idea to pick one. Especially when you almost make a decision, then you found some negative comments. So if you have experience in using this kind of product, please share with me. BTW, please not recommend Anker, my friend had one and he said that Anker doesn't support Samsung Tab... tks.   

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I know they make cases that hold extra charges now. You charge both the phone and the case. The case then holds enough to recharge the phone one time.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Your phone may be having issues and need to be replaced.  I'd suggest going into your provider's store and telling them what's going on.

I thought of this only because my daughter's phone, 1 year old, was having issues with charging and holding power and we went in to T-Mobile and they suggested that it needed a warranty replacement. $5 later she has a new phone (same battery and back of the phone) and it's working perfectly now.  Might be worth a shot.

**Let it all out ANONYMOUSLY!**

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Welcome to the group,
Only thing I would suggest is to contact your cell phone provider& see what they suggest ;)

Mommabearsfirst
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Royal I got mine in sams.
jconney80
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I'm sorry but i haven't dealt with this so I'm not any help :( 

Jennyyy
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM

yeah,  I konw that Mophie has this case pack, too. Just not that into this kind of product. Prefer external battery charger.. My friend recommand me one 14,000mAh pack from RAVPower, high capacity and an acceptable price... Have no idea if this is the best choice for my iPhone because we have different phones...Have you heard about this brand?

Quoting LancesMom:

I know they make cases that hold extra charges now. You charge both the phone and the case. The case then holds enough to recharge the phone one time.

Jennyyy
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Quoting amonkeymom:

Your phone may be having issues and need to be replaced.  I'd suggest going into your provider's store and telling them what's going on.

I thought of this only because my daughter's phone, 1 year old, was having issues with charging and holding power and we went in to T-Mobile and they suggested that it needed a warranty replacement. $5 later she has a new phone (same battery and back of the phone) and it's working perfectly now.  Might be worth a shot.

Nice shot! I definitely have a try. But I still want to purchase an external battery pack because I need a lot of power in my life especially now I have to deal with the children problem and I always forgot to have my phone charged..When you are out, it seems better to have a portable charger to keep things updated..Not gonna happen if your phone dead half way...Any advice on this kind of product, my friend?

Jennyyy
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Have you heard about this RAVPower brand? My friend recommand one 14,000mAh pack from their company.

Any advice on this particular product?

Quoting Mommabearsfirst:

Jennyyy
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:26 PM

:) let's see if anyone in this lovely forum has other ideas for me.

Quoting jconney80:

I'm sorry but i haven't dealt with this so I'm not any help :( 

Mommabearsfirst
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM
This one is a 10,000 mah and I can charge my s3 up 3 times before it needs charging.

Quoting Jennyyy:

Have you heard about this RAVPower brand? My friend recommand one 14,000mAh pack from their company.

Any advice on this particular product?

Quoting Mommabearsfirst:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)