Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am considering becoming a consultant for EITHER Pampered Chef or for Scentsy

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Which one is better?

Options:

Scentsy?

Pampered Chef?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

I am looking for anyone who has experience with either of these two companies as a director or as a consultant if you have any information please let me know!
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

No information, but your best bet is probably to go with the thing that is cheaper. People won't hesitate to buy something that's $20 (I'm guessing on the scentsy thing, they're candles right?), but $100 something pan set wouldn't be something people automatically plunk down money for.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Sep. 28, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I would do Premier Designs Jewelry, Origami Owl, Scentsy in that order if I had my choice. I have had 20 years in direct sales.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melagranmom
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I've been to parties for both of them. Neither is inexpensive. After trying a couple businesses requiring repeat sales parties and demonstrations, I found something where I don't have to sell or have inventory but I make a great monthly income just for shopping for my family. If you would prefer not to sell and are interested, let me know.
Barbi-Sue-2
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Please don't go into debt with either of those endeavers. I have partnered with a wellness company for 10 years that has consumable products that people fall in love with and use on a daily basis.We have a 95 percent reorder rate. I dont have to sell or stock anything and there is NO risk. We also offer a website and on going support. Let me know if you want more info.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I'm not the OP but I'm interested!

Quoting melagranmom:

I've been to parties for both of them. Neither is inexpensive. After trying a couple businesses requiring repeat sales parties and demonstrations, I found something where I don't have to sell or have inventory but I make a great monthly income just for shopping for my family. If you would prefer not to sell and are interested, let me know.
Countess79
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I'm not the OP but I'm interested!

Quoting melagranmom:

Her name tells you... She is talking about MELALUCA! Which has great products.. But they ask you to meet for 10 pm calls.. They want you to BUY PEOPLE'S PHONE NUMBERS AND NAMES..ETC.. THEN COLD CALL THEM AND ASK THEM TO SIT ON THOSE 10 PM CALLS. OR WORSE YET GO INTO WALMART /KMART/TARGET And tell people about the cancer causing agents in their cleaning products... Which there really are cancer causing agents in things from baby shampoo to your tide.. I love their cleaners.. but she's not being honest with you when she says there is no inventory.. as you are expected to buy stuff for your own home.. and your also expected to make contacts with people and try to get them to buy your products.. It's alot like AMWAY.. Except.. different cleaners and Melaluca's cleaners all have tea tree oil in them.. "Melalucha says the smell of tea tree oil is the smell of money.. "
kolbe73
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a SuperStar Director with Scentsy and would love to answer any questions you my have. Shoot me a private message!!

AromaDrops33
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I did Scentsy for 4 years and it wasn't the right fit for me. I'm now a consultant for Jordan Essentials and do really well. We have no quotas so there's no pressure which I like. Good luck!
mvance40
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:15 AM
I am a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. I know this isnt one you mentioned but its been around the longest and pretty much sells itself. If you have any questions let me know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Datsnif
by New Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Countess, I personally have tried many different part time sales based businesses and honestly you just need to research and go to a couple of meetings and see which product you BELIEVE the strongest in.  I sold Tupperware and Avon and even though I LOVE Tupperware was not able to do the party/quota that they wanted at the time just wanted what I bought cheap.  I am currently involved with HERBALIFE and will NEVER leave.  I found something that I LOVE, makes me money, and let's me help people on my schedule.  I am truly my own boss plus I started out with a 25% discount/profit and am now at 50% discount/profit.  Message me if you would like more information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)