Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Watching the neighbors get locked out by the sheriff

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
I feel bad for the kids but I'm pleased to see them go. They have been here 3 months and the cops have been here 7 times for physical fights on the front lawn, with the kids watching. They never mow so the place looks like hell and their kids ride bikes around hitting mailboxes and trees with a baseball bat.
According to my daughter, who goes to school with the homeowners kids they never paid rent either. I can't say i like the ideas of more renters coming in though. They really have no reason to keep the house nice if they don't own it. I'm afraid this house is going to blight the neighborhood.
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momager2two
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Not all renters are bad! Hopefully the next ones will be better, if the owners decide to rent again. These tenents probably destroyed the inside of the house. Lousy way to start out as a landlord.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

hopefully the kids never got involved with the abuse :(

cox3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Don't you have anything better to do than watch a family being evicted. so heartless.
TheSilence
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Wow, I hope they do a more thorough background check next time. Talking to former landlords would weed out people like this because this probably isn't the first time they have done something like this.
Lovemyshadows
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM

It's sad that kids are being raised that way.  They probably did trash the place.  Hopefully you'll have better neighbors next time.

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I totally understand you 100%!! I'm living in my grandparent's house that they bought in 1985. Over the years, my grandparents had several neighbors in the house to our left (rental home). I can only remember one neighbor being pretty good - quiet and to herself and even went to the hospital to see my grandfather when he got sick. Then, when I moved in after my grandfather passed in 2008, the 4 other families that have lived there were just awful. Loud music, cops always being there. Then, my boyfriend and his brother moved in (this was before he became my boyfriend). The neighborhood seemed alright then. Two years later, my boyfriend is living with me and his brother is a few houses down. The house was vacant for 4 months then 3 weeks ago someone moved in. At first, I was accepting and giving her the benefit of the doubt. What triggered my disgust is when her boyfriend came over one day and asked my boyfriend if he had seen any other men coming over. They have also borrowed my broom and car cleaning supplies while we were out to work!! And, I've seen the cop cars over there 4 times already beating down the doors looking for them. This woman gets her kids on the weekends and I despise them. Theiving little inconsiderate brats! She also has this huge dog. I love dogs, I have one myself. But this dog, and she admitted to me, hates small children and will bite! I asked her to not chain the dog up so close to my driveway because I don't want that dog coming that close to my son if he is vicious. That dog literally can stick his paws on my concrete! He stays in the house most of the day and I see him out for a couple hours a day. I'm just worried that he is going to get off the chain or him being to close to my drive way he could still somehow reach those paws out and knock my son over if we are ever trying to get into the car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)