Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Women who have started their own business

Posted by   + Show Post
I would like to start my own business and need some advice. I wondered what you do and how you got there. If you would be interested in giving some advice please message me. Thank you
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Replies (21-30):
Piskie
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Depends entirely on what sort of business you want to start....
melagranmom
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I work with an already established, 27 year old, BBB approved company. No selling or inventory and
residual income.

Go to AGreatFuture.info
The username is story.
The password is also story.
Click on See My Video and message me when you have viewed it.
DWilliams23112
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I am an independent distributor for The Gourmet Cupboard and I love it so far. Direct selling is tough, but if you truly love the product you sell, you can be successful
romanceparty4u
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I joined a direct sales business with a product that I was passionate about.

And worked hard!

There's really not a magic formula, it's just as hard work as a 9-5 job, the only difference is YOU are the one getting the reward for the work, not your boss.

sousou471
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Hi,

i want to know if any one have been working from home? because i m a mom of 2 boys and i can't work outside home as i have to take care of them.i really want to improve my family income and be more independent. please,i need some guide .thanks.

workathomemom77
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I started my own business as well I work from home. My type of business is all about medical,dental, & vision. I love working from home. I love working with small busnisses helping them get coverage for their employeer's. Good luck in all you do keep us posted of your business & if it's something I can purchase online I will be more than happy to buy from you..

workathomemom77
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:12 PM

If any ine is interested in working from home no selling products, no cold calling free training please contact me. A lil extra money will come in handy for the holidays :)

4x4x16mom
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I passed that. And it was a requirement. I also have a health inspector come by once a month.

Quoting mesfilles:

Depends on the state. In my state there's a "cottage" law that allows a person to sell up to 25,000 worth of baked goods.

Quoting 4x4x16mom:

To sell food, and be a legitimate company. Mainly, to ensure they get paid taxes.

Quoting momofacrew:

You needed a bakery license?

Quoting 4x4x16mom:

I started a bakery. I loved to bake, i always did it big at the holidays. I bought everything i needed so i didn't have any loans. I'm lucky my sister does my taxes on work orders. I got my liscence, registered. And i work from home. I'll have enough money by January to sign my lease. I just put up flyers, business cards, t shirts, and my dh did word of mouth at his job and that's how i gained customers.

Barbi-Sue-2
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I have partnered with a wellness company for 10 years. We offer a free website and ongoing support. Theres no selling and no risk. We are a company about helping people with their physical and financial health. Feel free to contact me anytime.
scoryell
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I am interested in working from home to help with our bils. If you have any info, I would appreciate it!

Samantha

Quoting workathomemom77:

If any ine is interested in working from home no selling products, no cold calling free training please contact me. A lil extra money will come in handy for the holidays :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)