Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

38 weeks and not feeling any contractions!!

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 36 Replies

Im 38 weeks and I havent felt any contractions..not even braxton hicks contractions..So im wondering will I most likely have to be induced?

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaGill1006
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:22 AM
I wouldn't.. You can go up to 2 weeks past your due date.
Muffins89
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM
I never had contractions with my youngest until i went into labor, well and a few a coue days before when i was walking and trying to go into labor lol. I wasn't induced, went into labor on my own on my due date.
ColinsMommy99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I never felt any with my pregnancies. Once I did have them though, it was go time and there was no messing around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilTymomma
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I dont think I felt contractions even when I was in Labor or when my water broke. I was induced and felt them good. So,..I am not sure. Water broke like 2 days before my due date.

Love Always,

Angel

typing

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I didn't have any contractions, or BH, with my last until I went into labor at 42w 5d. Your body knows what it's doing. Sometimes baby takes longer to get ready, but you will go into labor - even without medical assistance.

JDMom112
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:55 AM

The doctors tried to induce me and I said to hell no. In my case they wanted to induce because the water leaked but I KNEW that the baby was safe by doctor standards for a period of time afterwards (risk of infection ect.) . It was like 10am when they suggested it and I denied them to "check" me for dialation after the 1st checking because of the risk. I said I want to sign myself out (in my case i was very healthy and had a low risk pregnancy)  So I walked up and down a mall, walking walking walking..and about 5hrs later I was back signing myself in hospital and within 20min the baby was born, said to my spouse "BOY AM I GLAD I wasn't induced!!" The doc gave me a look of defeat but piercing eyes and I was thinking in my head "oops, I offended her decision but hey I was right! I say...Go with your intuition as far as induction, its your baby not the doctors..and hey you could go into labor tonight  you never know. GOOD LUCK!!

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:57 AM
No. Baby will come when it's ready. You should only allow the doctors to induce you for medical reasons.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:23 AM

nope doesn't mean a thing...unless there is a more serious reason than being a bit past your due date there isn't any need for an induction and trust me as a mom who has had 2 of them inductions are not fun.

allornone
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:37 AM

I was just in your shoes a month ago. At 38 week I woke up with contractions I went to L&D and was sent home at a 4. Then I went in for a check up I was at a 5. Third baby. He was stuck behind my pelvic bone. I was 41 weeks when my water broke. I felt fine all day and woke up at 2:30 felt something ran to the bathroom and my water broke.

My first two were induced. I was scared to go in to labor outside the hospital. I would prefer not to be induced. Much easier without medication. 

Best of luck! I wish you a fast easy delivery and both of you to be healthy.

Capriece13
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Thanks to everyone's advice and own experiences..this is my first pregnancy and he's due in 11 days and seeing how I haven't felt any contractions, I was worried that I might have to be induced which is not what I want. Cause my plan is to do natural delivery. No drugs,no pain killers, nothing but me and those damn contractions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)