Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My mom doesn't want me having another baby

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM
  • 27 Replies
We have a 4 year old and want baby #2 I have scheduled my mirena to be taken out. I plan on not telling my mother until I am 3 1/2 -4 months when it does happen. What is some of y'all's advice on this type of situation. She thinks one is plenty.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not her life.

We have the same issue with my inlaws. Other than that, I love them. It's my one hang up. They didn't find out with our last until about 36 weeks.
JDMom112
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:14 AM

No disrespect but does she not want you to go pee tomorrow too? I would wait a while though after taking the mirena out to let the body in a sense heal...just to be absolutely sure that there is no chance for a risk pregnancy, you never know with the things they promise now a days.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:22 AM

What are her reasons besides one is enough?  Are you living in her household?  My mom says i am too old to have anymore.  I wasnt planning on it anyhow but think it is my decision.

Taylorlinds
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:25 AM
You say no disrespect and then are rude. Anyways. It's a very common question for other mothers that have went through this type of situation. I am extremely close with my mother and not telling her this sorta hurts. Honestly if I could hold my mothers hand to go pee I would bc I don't get to see my mother very much at all bc she lives in Germany and me in Oklahoma !! That's how much I miss her !! I have not had a family holiday since 2006 when I graduated high school. She comes for my son and I's birthdays and tries to come again when she can but with how expensive flights are it's very difficult. Anyways like my mom always says if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. And we are trying as soon as we get it out. We have already talked with my ob who delivered our son. Thanks anyways.

Quoting JDMom112:

No disrespect but does she not want you to go pee tomorrow too? I would wait a while though after taking the mirena out to let the body in a sense heal...just to be absolutely sure that there is no chance for a risk pregnancy, you never know with the things they promise now a days.

kanikki82
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Odd! As long as she's not going to be the one raising your child I don't understand why she is saying this. Your body, your life, your choice!
caligirl7613
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I had my mirena removed and was preggo within a month. my mom is going to be super mad when she finds out. im 19 weeks preggo and have 2 bio kids and a step daughter. Why she feels the need to control my life (im 25) from 3000 miles away i have no clue. I feel as long as you two are ready and not relying on her for a place to live, money etc i dont feel like she has a right to be negative or rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taylorlinds
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Just thinks with how much everything is today that one is plenty for a family nowadays ... No she lives in Germany and I in Oklahoma. I am 26 and my husband and I have a 4 year old. Just wanted some other input on other mommas that have went through this situation and how they handled it. But I plan on not telling her until I am 3 1/2- 4 months along. I am not saying anything about getting mirena out.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What are her reasons besides one is enough?  Are you living in her household?  My mom says i am too old to have anymore.  I wasnt planning on it anyhow but think it is my decision.

GagaNTattooS
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:29 AM
My parents hoped we didn't want another one too. I took how everyone felt into consideration since they would be helping.. my son is 12 there will be no number 2 one is lore then enough.
allornone
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I'm sorry. Why does she feel this way? Because she can't see you often? Maybe she feels like she is missing out on your life and feels bad she can't be part of it?

Elle.tea.22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:32 AM
If you're that close with your mother just tell her. Not telling her could mean she feels betrayed that you had the need to hide things from her. Even if she doesn't agree I'm sure she will be glad to share every step with you from far away. Don't let her miss out on your account.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN