Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ADHD meds

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son has ADHD and is on meds for it. I however would like to get him off the stimulant and put him on something else. I was researching intuitive. I have read good things about it. Does anyone take this or their kids? Do you like it? why and why not? Thanks for all the help! And please if you have a problem with it dont read it or leave any nast comments i am looking for advise only!

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I don't know much about that but there are lots of moms of kids with ADD and ADHD on this group who may be able to help you:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM

My son has ADD and is on meds also he takes 10 mgs of adderall and 10 mgs of Prozac for anxiety. Seems to work well.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I don't know much about it... my daughter had ADHD symptoms until she was almost 6 but... it turned out to be something else, so we never medicated, but I'll give you a bump and hope you find what you need

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:21 AM
I have my son on Ritalin la and it works great for him. Why do you want your child off? Are you having side effects?
tylerboo
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Intuitive was one of the many stimulants I tried for my DS. I don't remember specifically why we didn't like it. We ended up going through a gambit of stimulants before deciding to move on to anti-depressants. If Intuitive is not helping, I would consider trying a different type of medication for different receptors of the brain instead of substituting for another stimulant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN