Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pit Bulls...

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 14 Replies
I need a good grooming brush for my American Staffordshire Terrier. I have a mitt and it SUCKS! Any recommendations?
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Bump!
CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Egh.. I dunno. They are typically short hair, so I don't recommend the ones where the brush threads are metal. Those are meant for longer hair and can hurt those with short hair. I think something with thick soft bristles would work best.

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

something like the opposite side of this brush.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM
He sheds sooooooooo much. I'm desperate to find a good brush. I'm sick of vacuuming three times a day lol.

Quoting CrystalYaris:

Egh.. I dunno. They are typically short hair, so I don't recommend the ones where the brush threads are metal. Those are meant for longer hair and can hurt those with short hair. I think something with thick soft bristles would work best.

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:37 PM

lol I hear ya! I had a husky once. We didn't have carpet in the house, it was all hardwood. I had to sweep several times a day. I swear I could have made an entirely new dog with all the hair! 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

He sheds sooooooooo much. I'm desperate to find a good brush. I'm sick of vacuuming three times a day lol.

Quoting CrystalYaris:

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:39 PM

try a shedding blade. This type is one of my favorites. I used it on a Basset Hound and now my Lab. For the husky, I had to use one with longer teeth.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM
This won't hurt him?

Quoting CrystalYaris:

try a shedding blade. This type is one of my favorites. I used it on a Basset Hound and now my Lab. For the husky, I had to use one with longer teeth.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Vacuum I brush mine then vacuum them once a week. 

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I tried vacuuming him as a joke but he's terrified of the vacuum. Won't let me get within 2 feet of him hahahaha!

Quoting babyspots17:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Which brush do you use?

Quoting babyspots17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)