Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sex After Gallbladder surgery

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

How long before I can have sex after surgery...waiting for dr. to make followup but in the meanwhile..i'm xxx

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ginaroid
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Everybodies different.  My exboyfriend was ready for sex the day he had his vastecomy...i couldn't believe it.  I on the other hand am paranoid that i'm going to mess something up inside of me.  

ginaroid
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Each person heals at a different pace. If you have had it done laparoscopically, I was told it's OK to resume normal activity after my one week check up, with the exception of heavy lifting for a few weeks. I was nowhere near ready for sex after a week though. After 2.5 weeks I felt like I was healing pretty well, so we attempted gentle love making. It put a strain on my stomach muscles and I felt a quick, painful twinge where the gall bladder was. I would wait until you are no longer feeling soreness when you bend and reach for things doing normal daily activities.

mamacam7
by Christina on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Did you just ask a question and then reply to yourself twice with 2 different answers as if someone else was answereing?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Usually siz weeks or maybe  a bit less,
You need to wait for a green light from your doctor ;)

makelineerror
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mamacam7:

Did you just ask a question and then reply to yourself twice with 2 different answers as if someone else was answereing?

I think that's exactly what happened...
Bertha21
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I had sex the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coqui17
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I waited until I was comfortable and didnt have the immediate pain any more, about a week. Hubby took it slow and easy and I stayed on my back.

mamacam7
by Christina on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I had to re-read the replies and the Screen names to make sure I wasn't crazy or just seeing things lol....that's a little strange.

eta- it also added to the confusion when I saw her post on another post about gall bladder surgery just before this saying she had hers done a week ago.

Quoting makelineerror:

Quoting mamacam7:

ERINLEIGH52379
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I went back and re-read them too, LOL!

Quoting mamacam7:

I had to re-read the replies and the Screen names to make sure I wasn't crazy or just seeing things lol....that's a little strange.

eta- it also added to the confusion when I saw her post on another post about gall bladder surgery just before this saying she had hers done a week ago.

Quoting makelineerror:

Quoting mamacam7:

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I was ready to go after 5 days. It really depends on how you can heal and deal with surgery.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)