Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is Disney overrated?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 57 Replies
I have heard this from quite a few families that have gone. What's your opinion?
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovemyshadows
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

We had a blast, we took dd,SIL and 2 grands.  We stayed at ft. Wilderness and will again next time.

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I had fun when I went. I was a bit disappointed in the castle. I figured it would have been a large plastic mold, but it was more like a cardboard cutout. lol Other than that, seeing the characters come to life and the rides- it was a lot of fun.

matofour
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it depends on the family. Many people just aren't into Disney. That's okay.
We are a Disney family, and it's some of the best money we have ever spent. Love every second of it.
My kids have been to disney world, Disneyland, and euro Disney. Between the three parks we have made 8 trips in 12 years. Two trips were with single kids (a special one on one trip). So it's all relative. I think it depends on the family totally.
ddhb2007
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
It's someplace I feel obligated to take my child someday. I've never been there, and the thought of dealing with the crowds is enough to make me ill.
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM
We are going soon..I'm super excited to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM

we have been to both disneyland and disneyworld. we prefered disneyland. disneyworld is just way too big and overwhelming and way too expensive. you can get the same experience if not better at disneyland for a lot cheaper.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We had a lot of fun and can't wait to go back.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM

we have always enjoyed it but as and earlier poster said...some families just really aren't disney families and that is fine but they probably wouldn't enjoy it as much

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this
No - it's not overrated. It's awesome!!
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

We have been going for 40 years, and never been disappointed. However as we plan our trip this month, we are more excited about Universal Studios.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN