Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Montana yes or no?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 16 Replies
I live in Florida but want a change I have always wanted to move there. I'm a lpn nurse and my husband works in the construction field. I know there has to be moms on here that live there and was hoping someone could let me know if would be able to find jobs and if so where is the best place to live. Thanks for any help.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caligirl7613
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM
im not sure but good luck!!! i know it is very cold in the winter and you will have to learn to drive in the snow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Never lived there. Been there. Beautiful. The whole damn state!

However, as someone who has moved across the country, twice, it is exhausting. Culture shock. Financial stress. Homesickness. The things you hates about FL will become the things you miss the most.

Just be ready. It isn't easy.
b0bbied0ll
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I have lived in FL my whole life and always dreamed of moving somewhere with all 4 seasons. I know I would really miss it here though... the beach and the laid back atmosphere the most.

jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:32 PM

why montana?its cold and there is nothing to do and its flat and boring .also take into consideration the schools where ever you move to wheather or not you have kids now. or planning for them later.also stay away from idaho the education system here sucks

norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
It's been my dream to move to montana! Do it!
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Um its only cold during winter and there are plenty of things to do especially if you like the great outdoors. And where on earth did you hear that Montana is flat?

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

why montana?its cold and there is nothing to do and its flat and boring .also take into consideration the schools where ever you move to wheather or not you have kids now. or planning for them later.also stay away from idaho the education system here sucks

ballerina18
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I grew up in Montana.

Be prepared for low wages, cold winters, and icy roads. I've lived in Bozeman, Missoula, and West Yellowstone. Missoula is the most exciting town imo. Both Bozeman and Missoula are college towns with growing populations. However, you will be competing with lots of college students for jobs. If you like to snowboard/ski or go hiking then sure..you might like Montana. Billings is a butt-ugly city with limited things to do and Helena is out in the middle of nowhere. =/

Honestly, I much prefer the Pacific Northwest and I really have no desire to go back to Montana. Did you have a particular town/city in mind?

connie45
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I hear the women wear socks with high heels there. Fashion, at least good fashion is probably non existent.

Im kidding. Kind of.
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I have lived in montana since I was thirteen. Have lived in many different towns in Montana as well. It is definitely not flat. It does have a lot more small towns than other states. If you like the outdoors you're in the right place. Camping, hiking, skiing, fishing, hunting, good farm/ranch lands, horse back riding, and many other stuff. If you're looking for big city fun (can't give too many details of big city fun subject) Montana wouldn't be your cup of tea.
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Oh yeah as for construction, it's really kicking in the summer but rather slow in the winter. Fall and "spring" are alright for hours. My dh did insulation for 7 years and from what I gathered unless you own the company you will suffer with hour fluctuations. Don't know too much about nursing though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN