Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what a user

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
So my friend from high school is a single mom who gets food stamps and her boyfriend has a friend at work that wants to by food stamps off of her. She knows this is illegal but this is how she helps pay bills. This friend wants to but 200 dollars worth for only 100 I think this is such shit he is taking advantage of her and it pisses me off I think she should tell him to kiss her butt but I know she needs it what is your opinion on this please no bashing on her. until you are in her position you have no right to judge thanks
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM

NO FING WAY.  One it is fraud and 2 she is really lowballing the friend not even giving her what the card is worth.   Why cant the mom find a job to help pay bills or something?

marinesgirl714
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM
She has a job but it doesn't pay enough she has 4 kids so she has to have a job that's flexible. And before any one goes nuts about the 4 kids they are from her ex husband who best the hell out of her and now does not help with kids or child support I feel for her I know I was pissed when she told me but its not my money

Quoting frndlyfn:

NO FING WAY.  One it is fraud and 2 she is really lowballing the friend not even giving her what the card is worth.   Why cant the mom find a job to help pay bills or something?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Does she realize that fraud can land her in jail and she will lose all the children? Depending which bills are going on, most utilities have low income/emergency deferment.

Quoting marinesgirl714:

She has a job but it doesn't pay enough she has 4 kids so she has to have a job that's flexible. And before any one goes nuts about the 4 kids they are from her ex husband who best the hell out of her and now does not help with kids or child support I feel for her I know I was pissed when she told me but its not my money

Quoting frndlyfn:

marinesgirl714
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I have told her ask of that she is stuck on this I guess. I help her as much as possible but can't always do a lot. I just can't believe this ass would do that to her he says its because she gets it for free so he should to but every dollar he takes for free he takes it away from her babies what an ass

Quoting frndlyfn:

Does she realize that fraud can land her in jail and she will lose all the children? Depending which bills are going on, most utilities have low income/emergency deferment.

Quoting marinesgirl714:

Quoting frndlyfn:

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I would tell him no.. if I was going to risk going to jail I would at least expect full price

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:31 AM

What has this guy done to deserve "free"things?  This woman is trying to support a large family on her own , he should be helping her with things w/ no strings attached.

AmberKS
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Maybe point out to her that its not really helping her in the long run because she'll have to spend more on food. Tell her to go to churches and see if they can help with her bills. Food pantry a to make up for what the food stamps don't provide. She can call the utility places and see if she can get set up on the programs where she pays ones price all year or if they have low income programs.
STVUstudent
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:17 AM

she needs to take that 200 dollars and buy nutritious food for her family.  If her boyfriend is asking her to break the law and sell her food stamps, she needs to ditch this loser fast.

jl89
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM

If I were too sell 200 dollars worth of food stamps I wouldn't sell it for any less than 180...probably even higher considering I could go to jail. 

lunyuny
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM

YOur putting your self in a position posting this on here.  YOu don't want to try and get in the middle of it.  I would delete this post if i were you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN