Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

with holding visits

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

I find it disgusting when women with hold visitation. I think their are disclaimers that do apply. For instance if the judge issues that there is no visitation or if there is no court order. Yes neither one of my sons dads are stellar but I would never with hold visitation I follow the CO. Yes they may not be the best fathers ever but my children have a right to a relationship with their dads and they have fun when they are with them. I think if a father wants to see their child they should be able to. Opinions?

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM

As much as I agree with you, but men also need to step up and demand their rights as fathers and at least try to get their children for visitations, rather than just give up.

I also hate it when parents use their kids as pawns and talk bad about the other parent to or in front of the children.

AAP1988
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Maybe I should have added a disclaimer: I am talking about the fathers who want to be involved and the mothers don't allow it to be vindictive. 

Quoting DanaG70:

As much as I agree with you, but men also need to step up and demand their rights as fathers and at least try to get their children for visitations, rather than just give up.

I also hate it when parents use their kids as pawns and talk bad about the other parent to or in front of the children.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it all depends on the person and the situation. I wouldn't judge unless I understood the full situation. Sometimes it is a dangerous situation, sometimes there are drugs, etc. Now, I don't think kids should be withheld out of spite or jealousy, but I think there are situations we can't judge until we've been there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

That would probably be a good idea. =)

Quoting AAP1988:

Maybe I should have added a disclaimer: I am talking about the fathers who want to be involved and the mothers don't allow it to be vindictive. 

Quoting DanaG70:

AAP1988
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I think if there is a co for no visitation then thats okay but if the mom is just being vindictive thats wrong. 

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

I think it all depends on the person and the situation. I wouldn't judge unless I understood the full situation. Sometimes it is a dangerous situation, sometimes there are drugs, etc. Now, I don't think kids should be withheld out of spite or jealousy, but I think there are situations we can't judge until we've been there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)