Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

doing ncps job?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have read a lot of posts of women who think ncp shouldn't be held accountable for anything and that the custodial parent should just bend over backwards to accomodate the ncp.I think co parenting and compromising is wonderful but neither parent should get their own way cp should not be unreasonable and ncp shouldn't expect to call the shots.

For example my ex thinks he should have it all his way, he should only have to pay cs when he wants to, he thinks he can be 2 or 3 hours late coming to pick up our son or dropping him off, never wants to take him overnight. His new one is he wants to start returning our son at 10pm at night I told him no and he said I am unreasonable. 

That is why I follow the co because my ex wants everything his way he won't compromise. advice opinions? 

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Pnukey
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:51 PM

That's what custody orders are for. They're not up for debate once they're set. He can go back to court if he wants it changed. Advice? Document any time he strays from the court order. IDK what that's for honestly. I don't have these issues, but that's what other moms on here always say.

mougbrittany
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Yeah my ex thinks he shouldn't have to pay child support at all, so I told him that if that's what he wanted, then he didn't need to be on the birth certificate at all. I know it sounds cold hearted, but a lot lead up to that. He also has been making plans with me for me and her to go see him but 1 out of 3 or 4 times he will actually follow through with meeting us. Other then that, he makes up some dumb excuse. He's seen her 3 times now. She's turning 3 months old tomorrow...

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 5:19 AM

I never had that problem, my ex left the state and never looked back. He saw the kids once the whole time they were growing up.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I have no clue. I've never had to deal with any of it. My husband and I are still married and parent together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN