Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you visited Universal in Orlando?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 59 Replies

Did you like it? I've only been to Disney.  I would be interested in the Harry Potter area, but last I read it wasn't much.

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chirinos
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Yes but that was 26 years ago when I went I loved it I was 10 years old
alf2651
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I went back in 2008. I haven't been since Harry Potter, but I am absolutely dying to go to it, lol. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

*nodding*  26 years ago! :)  Neat that you enjoyed it so much. :)

Quoting Chirinos:

Yes but that was 26 years ago when I went I loved it I was 10 years old

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I love the movies and books and am thinking more and more that I'd like to go. :)

Quoting alf2651:

I went back in 2008. I haven't been since Harry Potter, but I am absolutely dying to go to it, lol. 

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, we have annual passes to Universal/Islands.  I really hate Disney lol. Do you have boys or girls?  I think boys probably like Universal a little more and girls like Disney more.  Islands has the Marvel comic section and Jurassic Park, plus HP and the rest of it.  Universal has Transformers, MIB, general action movie stuff.  You get the idea.  More boy stuff.

The Harry Potter section is expanding.  Right now they have the Forbidden Journey (it's inside the castle), Flight of the Hippogriff, and Dueling Dragons for rides.  You can also go into Olivander's wand shop (it's an interactive attraction and shop), Honeydukes/Zonko's, and The Three Broomsticks.  The rides do have height requirements so if you have really little ones there may not be much to do.  Most rides do have child swap and the walk through the castle is definitely worth it even if you don't end up riding (tons of people do this). But my son and I will just go hang out there.  During the winter when it's cold, it really does feel like you walked into a Harry Potter movie.  The entire street is like exactly like Hogsmeade.  It feels like you're window shopping.  Moaning Myrtle even haunts the bathrooms, no joke.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Wowwww!!!!!  It would be just my husband and myself, probably.  I am familiar with Disney since I've always gone there, but I really like Harry Potter. Thank you for the description.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Yes, we have annual passes to Universal/Islands.  I really hate Disney lol. Do you have boys or girls?  I think boys probably like Universal a little more and girls like Disney more.  Islands has the Marvel comic section and Jurassic Park, plus HP and the rest of it.  Universal has Transformers, MIB, general action movie stuff.  You get the idea.  More boy stuff.

The Harry Potter section is expanding.  Right now they have the Forbidden Journey (it's inside the castle), Flight of the Hippogriff, and Dueling Dragons for rides.  You can also go into Olivander's wand shop (it's an interactive attraction and shop), Honeydukes/Zonko's, and The Three Broomsticks.  The rides do have height requirements so if you have really little ones there may not be much to do.  Most rides do have child swap and the walk through the castle is definitely worth it even if you don't end up riding (tons of people do this). But my son and I will just go hang out there.  During the winter when it's cold, it really does feel like you walked into a Harry Potter movie.  The entire street is like exactly like Hogsmeade.  It feels like you're window shopping.  Moaning Myrtle even haunts the bathrooms, no joke.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

nope, never been there!!

MixedCooke
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I havent been to the Harry Potter section yet.

teach25
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:32 AM

This past summer of 2013,I took my two daughters who are ages 15 and 12 and our #1  main purpose was to visit Harry Potter World!  They are HUGE FANS!  For that reason we decided to only go to Island of Adventure because HP is there.  That section of the park is towards the back so at opening time we went to that area first.  The line was at that time about 1 hr.for the Frobidden Journey!   I had no idea what to expect but I was amazed at how realistic it was!  I thought this one ride and the Castle/village was worth the cost of admission!  We enjoyed the wand shop and the candy store and eating at The Three Broomsticks! 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Thank you for the review!  This really sounds more and more like something my family and I would enjoy. :)

Quoting teach25:

This past summer of 2013,I took my two daughters who are ages 15 and 12 and our #1  main purpose was to visit Harry Potter World!  They are HUGE FANS!  For that reason we decided to only go to Island of Adventure because HP is there.  That section of the park is towards the back so at opening time we went to that area first.  The line was at that time about 1 hr.for the Frobidden Journey!   I had no idea what to expect but I was amazed at how realistic it was!  I thought this one ride and the Castle/village was worth the cost of admission!  We enjoyed the wand shop and the candy store and eating at The Three Broomsticks! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)