Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

so medicaid changed their rules and i couldnt get my sd her medicine today :(

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this
so as of today i guess medicaid changed their rules about what meds they will pay for. i took SD to the dr because she has been wheezing in her sleep. dr wrote her a scrip for a decongestant. i drop it off and when i go to pick it up am informed her medicaid wont cover it because the main ingediant is found over the counter. so i ask the tech to show me the over the counter version..its 12.99. i know thats not really expensive but right now, for us...well for 8 more days we have negative 1.17 in the bank...so yea...talk about feeling like a failure as a parent. what would you do???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Have you tried other things, like a humidifier?

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM
6 moms liked this

call the doc and ask for a different script? 

or call the doc and tell him that the insurance won't cover that one can you have a different one? 

or go pawn something to get the meds and last through the next few days? 

Y2kmomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
3 moms liked this
This.
Also maybe see if dr has samples? I don't think they would for that, but worth a try.

Quoting happymommy1105:

or call the doc and tell him that the insurance won't cover that one can you have a different one? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:39 PM
we do not have one. i had her drink some warm lemon water and sit in the bathroom with the shower on super hot so the steam would fill it up and tolf her to try and cough as much as possible while in there. it has only seemed to bother her at night the last few days while she sleeps. im sure its the change in weather. i called my mom to see would she loan me 20.00 she said sure but then asked what for. i told her and she said oh absolutely not, it not your ******* kid anyway idk y your even wasting your time. smh

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

Have you tried other things, like a humidifier?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this

UGH   such a horrible woman to deny help towards a child.   My guy and i will help his ex if she needs money to cover her boys' meds.

caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
i thought about calling the dr in the morning and asking if they can write something else. if we had anything at all i would pawn it in a heartbeat. our 1 tv is too old and they only offered me 5 for my phone cuz its not a smart phone

Quoting happymommy1105:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I know!! and its my OWN MOTHER. if the meds had been for my bio kids she would have bent over backwards. she acts like my SD does not exist. she refuses to buy her bday or christmas gifts and i sropped my bio kids from having sleep overs at her house because she wouldnt allow SD to come.

Quoting frndlyfn:

UGH   such a horrible woman to deny help towards a child.   My guy and i will help his ex if she needs money to cover her boys' meds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM
as for SD bio mom she has been gone since SD was one. the woman ha never even once in 5 years called to check if her child is alive

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SylviaNCali
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Do you have a relative you can borrow the 12.99 from? Maybe that. And then for next time just save up money monthly so that when you get in this situation again you will have the money to pay for it.

CafeMom Tickers
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
our last resort was my mother and since its not my blankity blankity kid as she so nicely put it she refused. as for the saving of money we have really hit a rough patch. i had to stop working all together due to health reasons with the pregnancy and SOs job dropped him from 40 hours a week to 18. which they are doing to everyone in the company. he has obtained a second job and is just waiting to actually start

Quoting SylviaNCali:

Do you have a relative you can borrow the 12.99 from? Maybe that. And then for next time just save up money monthly so that when you get in this situation again you will have the money to pay for it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN