Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The Government shutdown

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 18 Replies

Is it affecting you? and how?

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Not yet. But it will affect us all sooner or later. Hoping they get their shit together soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I'm sure it will. Right now I am mainly waiting to find out how.

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM

75% of my building is gone...I'm still here but wont get paid for it until this is all done.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM

This sucks for everyone who is receiving assistance.

WillVon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Military pay was going to be affected until they passed a law last minute saying military has to be paid. Although a lot of families are still worried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes it affects everybody because everybody seems to have forgotten who Congress and the President work for! 

Where is the voice of the people in all of this?  NOWHERE! 

The people have overwhelming said they don't want Obamacare- and yet what do we have?? Obamacare.  

Congress, the House, the Senate, the President- they ALL work for US- the people of the United States! 

We live in a REPRSEVETIVE Democrary.  Meaning that we elect officials to go to Washington and vote on issues on our behalf.  They are supposed to be listening to the will of the people- despite their personal feelings on subjects- and voting according to the will of the people. 

The will of the people is NOT being heard in Washington.  Matter of fact, Washington has forgotten about the will of the people. They have forgotten about the people. 

The MILLIONAIRES that work in Congress (Both houses) do not understand what the common place American deals with anymore. 

You want Congress fixed- get the MILLIONAIRES out and get some hardworking middle class Americans in.  

The fact that most Americans don't know and don't care about the government is exactly why we are in this situation!

Do you know how most Americans vote?  They vote off name recognition- not what a candidate stands for, not off issues- but off name recognition.  Meaning, they walk into the booth and look at a ballot and say "oh, I have seen this name before- I know this guy" They check that box and walk out- even if that guy's platform is completely different than what they as individual believe!

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I dont want ObamaCare either. Im very upset about this. Also i feel people shouldnt be FORCED to get ObamaCare.

Quoting happymommy1105:

Yes it affects everybody because everybody seems to have forgotten who Congress and the President work for! 

The people have overwhelming said they don't want Obamacare- and yet what do we have?? Obamacare.  

Congress, the House, the Senate, the President- they ALL work for US- the people of the United States! 

We live in a REPRSEVETIVE Democrary.  Meaning that we elect officials to go to Washington and vote on issues on our behalf.  They are supposed to be listening to the will of the people- despite their personal feelings on subjects- and voting according to the will of the people. 

The will of the people is NOT being heard in Washington.  Matter of fact, Washington has forgotten about the will of the people. They have forgotten about the people. 

The MILLIONAIRES that work in Congress (Both houses) do not understand what the common place American deals with anymore. 

You want Congress fixed- get the MILLIONAIRES out and get some hardworking middle class Americans in.  

The fact that most Americans don't know and don't care about the government is exactly why we are in this situation!

Do you know how most Americans vote?  They vote off name recognition- not what a candidate stands for, not off issues- but off name recognition.  Meaning, they walk into the booth and look at a ballot and say "oh, I have seen this name before- I know this guy" They check that box and walk out- even if that guy's platform is completely different than what they as individual believe!

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

That's my point!

I don't want Obamacare either! 

Nobody wants Obamacare. 

But our representives- the people WE elected put their own feelings/desires ahead of the will of the people and voted it into law anyway! 

WE, the people, created the monster- now WE, the people, have to disarm the monster!

Quoting godsgirl26:

I dont want ObamaCare either. Im very upset about this. Also i feel people shouldnt be FORCED to get ObamaCare.

Quoting happymommy1105:

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Can you answer this? for me. What if a person dont sign up for the Obamacare and get their own health insurance? How would that work out. Being that everyone is forced to get ObamaCare.

Quoting happymommy1105:

That's my point!

I don't want Obamacare either! 

Nobody wants Obamacare. 

But our representives- the people WE elected put their own feelings/desires ahead of the will of the people and voted it into law anyway! 

WE, the people, created the monster- now WE, the people, have to disarm the monster!

Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting happymommy1105:

Rhonda142
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I don't have to get obama care I have my own private insurance thru my hubbys work HR told us nothing would change. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN