Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When is the last time you went to a concert? Who all have you seen?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
  • 46 Replies

I finally got to go to a true concert and saw Aerosmith performing in Atlanta with Cheap Trick as the opening act and that was the best experience of my life since Aerosmith is my all-time favrite band (Cheap Trick was okay, too, lol).  

In years prior, I'd seen mostly country acts like Travis Tritt, Hank Jr., and Gretchen Wilson who were all at Bayfest in Mobile when we saw them. This past spring, we went to the Toadlick Music Festival in Dothan and saw Gretchen Wilson again but also Lynyrd Skynyrd, Luke Bryan, Kellie Pickler, 3 Doors Down, Jake Owen, and more. That was a lot of fun, especially since it's local to us and didn't require much driving time at all. 

Now, I'm looking very much forward to this weekend going to Bayfest again for the first time since before my MIL passed away and getting to see some rock bands like Redlight King, Beyond Me, Sick Puppies, Three Days Grace, Filter, Halestorm, Godsmack, Sevendust, and Daughtry.

When is the last time you went to a concert? Who all have you seen perform?

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heather77g
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I have been to about a handful of concerts in my life.   Some country ones, then the most recent was Disney Live. :) LOL With my kiddos

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:26 PM

My sister went to Disney Live, too, with her two kids and they had the best time. She also did a Sesame Street thing they enjoyed, but I think that was on ice?

Quoting heather77g:

I have been to about a handful of concerts in my life.   Some country ones, then the most recent was Disney Live. :) LOL With my kiddos

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM
August was the last one I went to. It was the Cleveland Orchestra doing highlights from Porgy and Bess. I have seen some local bands, and went to Crue Fest in 2009.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I am going to see the Moody Blues to night with my dad.  Before that I think the last one was Tim McGraw when I was in college.

WillVon
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Never been to a concert
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM

One of the best things about St. Louis is the free concert series every summer downtown.  I've seen John Legend, BoyzII Men, Cyndi Lauper, Angie Stone, Nelly, Third Eye Blind, Black Eyed Peas, All-4-One, Lee Ann Womack...all for free.  There were others, but I can't remember them all.  We were supposed to see Maroon 5 once, but these are all outdoor concerts and there was a crazy bad lightning storm that bad so it got cancelled.

The only concerts I've ever bought tickets for were to see John Legend and a really cool show with Biz Markie, Slick Rick and Doug E Fresh.

Hadadat
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I saw The Postal Service in San Diego in July.

I've seen Foo Fighters, Incubus, Metallica, 311, Young the Giant, Cage The Elephant, Sublime with Rome, Sponge, Elton John, Pennywise, Avenged Sevenfold, Limp Bizkit (though I'm almost embarrassed to admit that one), No Doubt, Maroon Five, Guster....

There are a bunch more but I can't remember them all. But as you can see I'm a rock/alternative girl...

Smoore922
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I am going tomorrow night to see my all time favorite band Avenged sevenfold!! My husband got us VIP backstage passes as my wedding gift! LOL I am SOOO excited! I have seen them before but this will be AMAZING! I have also been to several mayhem fests, uproar fests, etc. Godsmack, hatebreed, rob zombie, Killswitch engage a few times, I have also seen Lil' Wayne (not proud lol) snoop dog, 50 cent, dave mathews, and my very first and favorite so far (because im pretty sure tomorrow will trump!) Blink 182... Oh and I have seen Barry Manilow lol

Smoore922
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Hope you have a blast this weekend!!! :)

Indy3000
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

My first was when i was 16, Dave matthews band with The Fray (before they got bigger), Then I saw Chevelle (there opening was New Medicine which is starting to get big and they are pretty good), then Sick Puppies, who you will love they are very interactive with the crowd and sound amazing. The last one I saw was 30h!3 per my bro's girlfriend request for his birthday, they were  ok but mostly teenage crowd

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN