Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my SO says im being a mean \ bad parent...am i??

Posted by   + Show Post
so DD who is 7 has found a new game to play...we sit down to dinner and she suddenly has an issue \ problem with whatever veggie happens to be on her plate. now this makes day number 4 of this. in the last 4 days all of the veggies i have served she has eaten 1000 times before with no problem. but suddenly she does not "like" them. i told her fine finish the rest of your dinner, but come bedtime i dont wanna hear a word about your hungry etc. sure enough come bed time its whining and crying about shes hungry etc. I refuse to feed her. its a ploy not to eat her veggies and stay up later. SO says i am being overy mean and should feed her. now, if she ate her dinner like everyone else, and came to me close to bedtime and said she was hungry i would have no problem fixing her a snack. however when you refuse to eat your dinner well you dont get snacks right before bed.

so...am i being "mean"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
Wicked.Jester
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Look at how spoiled kids are today.  Old school had it right.

Quoting caligirl7613:

glad someone agrees with me. he says i am too "old school" and take after my mom too much when parenting. that no one parents "that" way anymore

Quoting raczac:

No we do the same thing with oyr boys they are almost 7 and 8.

Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I would do the same
mrsledford09
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I would do the same thing. If mine dont eat what i give them theyll just be hungry.
Mama110981
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM
When she says shes hungry and wants a snack give her the veggies she didnt eat at dinner. That what i did with my sdd when she pulled the same thing.
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
i agree he has been a single parent for 5 years. i really try not to compare the kids but 90 percent of the time his daughter is an absolute nightmare. until i moved..the house revolved around her all she had to do was say i dont want to and she didnt have to or i want this...and she had it. smh

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Look at how spoiled kids are today.  Old school had it right.

Quoting caligirl7613:

glad someone agrees with me. he says i am too "old school" and take after my mom too much when parenting. that no one parents "that" way anymore

Quoting raczac:

No we do the same thing with oyr boys they are almost 7 and 8.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NeonGirl9583
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Nope. but all my ds eat is chicken nuggets and mac and cheese so l am always streching rules with him if hes hungery.
RADmomma
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM

my DD tries this sometimes... I just offer whatever she didnt eat at dinner.

But my DD will eat all the veggies on her plate and skip the meat.

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Not at all mama, my boy who just turned 5 trys to play this game with me as well. And besides you know when she ate last/how much and wether she really is "hungry" or not.. If I question that my son may be a little hungry bc he was fussing over dinner, then I'll offer him whatever he didnt eat of his dinner, and then something else AFTER he finishes what he didnt already eat and should have.. maybe you could try this. But no you are not being "mean" if you give into her she will do it to you every night.

Hadadat
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

We do the same. My DS is 7 and he uses it as a stall tactic to stay awake and out of bed.

momngram
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Does she get seconds on dinner at dinner time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)