Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Government shutdown =craziness

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:11 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
With the government on shut down, my roommates are going extreme and freaking out.

My roommates are wanting to stock up on non perishable items, I have no problem with that since that is a good idea in general.

They also want to buy bottled water, just encase. Huh, why? Is it that serious?

One of my roommates dads think a civil war is going to break out, hmm okay I really don't see this happening. But um if it did how do you survive it? Or better yet where do you go and how do you protect yourself?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Bump
momngram
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

People are definitely angry, but civil war is a big stretch.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM
That's what I thought.

Quoting momngram:

People are definitely angry, but civil war is a big stretch.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Beleive it or not, i have heard that from some soldier. Saying they wouldnt be surprised if another civil war breaks out. My husband wont comment one way or another about it.
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I just don't know, I do know that I feel like something in the air is changing and its not the seasons lol. It something else and its got me uneasy.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Beleive it or not, i have heard that from some soldier. Saying they wouldnt be surprised if another civil war breaks out. My husband wont comment one way or another about it.

RADmomma
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
We have a plan. Lots of land, food stock, know how to grow & survive off the land. I don't want it to happen but we would survive.
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Like capitol Hill on lock down as i type this? Lol.

Quoting Bookoholic:

I just don't know, I do know that I feel like something in the air is changing and its not the seasons lol. It something else and its got me uneasy.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Something like that

Quoting sahmw2010:

Like capitol Hill on lock down as i type this? Lol.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting sahmw2010:

jess80
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM
You never know...
Mommabear81312
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Yeah this shut down has me nervous too. That many people suddenly out of a job can't be a good thing... I see chaos ensuing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)