Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you ever broken a bone?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 124 Replies

If so, what did you break and how?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I broke my big toe when I dropped a metal cage door on it when I was a teenager. 

When i was 18 I broke my nose. I tripped over my foot on one little step hit a metal flower pot and slammed my face into the deck. I actually knocked myself out.

When I was pregnant I fell down some steps and broke a bone in my ankle. How I walked away with just a broken ankle is beyond me. Because I put my hands out to try not to land on my stomach.

A few years ago, I walked into a hand weight someone left on the floor and broke 3 toes. So I have now broken every toe but one on that foot.

Oh, and I fractured my pinky when it got shut in a car door.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I shattered my tibia in a motorcycle accident when I was 23.
I broke my wrist falling down the stairs when in was 38

and I've broken a couple of toes at different times due to sheer clumsiness
Hadadat
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Cross my fingers, knock on wood!!! No I haven't.....

Now let's hope I didn't jinx myself by saying so...

MamaTinie
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Left arm twice. First was by falling. senond landed wrong on a trampoline. left middle finger playing basketball. (didnt bring hands up quick enough and ball hit the end of finger jammed and fractured the knuckle).
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM

coolarbone twice

both car accidents ;(

Mommytoaangel
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Broke my right leg atempting to ride a scooter down a hill drove my thigh bone through my knee when i was 19 broke my left wrist tripping into a door when i was 20
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NextGeneration
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Yep my wrist playing on the monkey bars in kindergarden then the same thing in first grade, then broke a toe junior year of high school after a rafting trip. 

krista778
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I've broken all my toes multiple times. Don't remember how each time, this last time was kicking the end of the bed in the middle of the night trying to get back to bed after going to the bathromm.

When I was 7 I broke my right forearm "skating" on bubble solution.

I've broken my nose twice. The first time when I was about ten, my sister put her knee in it full force. The second time a ball was thrown at me and my face caught it.

I broke both wrists being a stupid teenager and jumping on the trunk of my friends car and she took off and I slid off.

And lastly I broke my right ankle when my foot rolled and I fell. Damn MS :-(

squeakers2
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I broke my right elbow when I was 5. I was skating in the house, fell, and hit my elbow on a piece of wood.

My right ankle right before I turned 8. I was pushed off a trampoline at a birthday party and fell between the springs, landing on my ankle wrong. The mom was an EMT and instead of looking at it, just shamed me and told me to walk on it. I had to be carried home (3 houses down) bc I couldn't walk. When we went to the hospital, they couldn't see the break (bc stupid bitch told me to walk on it) and sent me home saying it was sprained. 3 yrs later, I was taken into surgery to have a bone chip removed that was cutting through my nerves in my foot. I have very little feeling in that foot and from the age of 10 till 18, I was in the hospital almost once a year bc I would fall and could not tell if it was broken or not. There's a good possiblity that I've broken it at least once in the 15 yrs since the initial break.

My nose was fractured with I was about 13. My dad and I were play fighting and I was on the floor, grabbed his leg and he stumbled, stepping on my face.

I've broken a few bones in my hands. Most of them from stupid things like falling, punching walls, etc. Also broken a few toes kicking things.

I've also dislocated multiple joints (shoulder, knee, tailbone, and a couple fingers), had 3 mild concussions, and a severe case of whiplash which has caused my spine was a strange curve. Like my spine in my neck is like its supposed to be, then jerks to the side then is straight down again. -.- I'm actually very accident prone and most of these injuries are either from sheer stupidity or falling. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I broke my foot in a step aerobics class when I was 35, and my wrist when I was 48. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)