Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

a really weird post ...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM
  • 94 Replies
2 moms liked this

but I just had to post this. My daughter has the most amazing taste buds... her little brother talked me into buying his brother and sister a piece of taffy the other day... when I picked up my daughter from school I gave her her piece straw berry cheese cake flavored... wrapped in a plain white wrapper.she popped it in her mouth and chewed about twice and says " yay! straw berry cheese cake" as far as I know she has never even had strawberry cheese cake taffy. she's 8 ...is it normal for a child to have tastbuds like that. any one else have kids like that?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Has she ever had strawberry cheesecake as a dessert?     We think that dd is a super taster which means she will only eat certain foods.  She can tell the difference between 2 foods which are the same but different brands.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Yes she has had cheesecake in several forms its one of her favorite desserts. Your daughter can really tell the difference in brands that is really impressive. I find that my daughter tends to like more " grown up" foods than most kids... Is that true with yours as well

Quoting frndlyfn:

Has she ever had strawberry cheesecake as a dessert?     We think that dd is a super taster which means she will only eat certain foods.  She can tell the difference between 2 foods which are the same but different brands.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Bump
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM

BUMP!

hugss
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Not sure but hopefully others can help :)

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Quoting hugss:

don't really need help it just sort of blew my mind so I thought I would share.
tiniowien
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Some have more sensitive tastes buds the most common variety is tasting the after taste of fake sweeteners, I taste random bitterness 

hugss
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Glad you did & hope it helped :)

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting hugss:

don't really need help it just sort of blew my mind so I thought I would share.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting tiniowien:

Some have more sensitive tastes buds the most common variety is tasting the after taste of fake sweeteners, I taste random bitterness 

yeah I've always got the aftertaste from artifical sweeteners really strong...but I don't think I could have done that even now and she's just 8

tiniowien
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I picked up the random flavors that most of my friends didn't lol , I caught the pickle juice in the banana taffy, lol 

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting tiniowien:

yeah I've always got the aftertaste from artifical sweeteners really strong...but I don't think I could have done that even now and she's just 8

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)