Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my SO got mad i slept on the couch...wtf..r u serious

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 41 Replies
My SD has been sick the last few nights. dr gave her a decongestant. SO decided to have her sleep in our bed the last few nights to keep an eye on her breathing. she has some minor respatory issues so even with the meds he wanted to keep a close eye on her. which i totally get. but i chose to sleep on the couch...why...well for one i am 20 weeks preggo and we only have a full size bed..not like it fits him, her, me and my belly comfortably....also i did try and sleep in the bed but was sweating n so hot i couldnt sleep but of course i didnt want to cut the air on since she is sick...last have you ever slept with a 6 year old?? they roll,kick, turn and just in general are a circus act when asleep. was i wrong?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I understand ... I'm sorry he doesn't get it
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
he was mad i couldnt believe it. when i asked why he was all cuz we r a family n couples dont sleep apart etc...gimmie a break dude

Quoting ditsyjo:

I understand ... I'm sorry he doesn't get it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Johnhenrysgirl
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM

He should understand it's not like you're trying to punish him.

RUSureUKnowMe
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh has been sick the past few days. I've woken up the past 2 mornings to find him on the couch. As much as I don't like it as long as he doesn't make it a habit and comes back when he's not sick its cool. I slept on the couch countless amounts of times when i was pregnant. It happens sometimes.
thatgirl70
by Carin on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I sleep with a 6 year old all the time, LOL, I know how it is. We have two twin (Tempurpedic) mattresses pushed together though.

Edit: Damn mobile, hit submit by mistake.

Anyway, DH frequently sleeps in the recliner when he's home because he's so used to sleeping in his work truck when he's out on location for a job. I don't get offended, it is what it is.

You slept on the couch under very understandable circumstances, your DH needs to get over it.
TxSummerNights
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I don't think your wrong at all. When I did have a queen bed and my ds was sick I slept in the guest bed with him so my dh could sleep and we didn't all fit in the bed anyways. Now we have a king so we all fit just fine but I still sleep in the guest room with him if need so dh can sleep.

hugss
by Emerald Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Sorry he does not get it :(

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Get a bigger bed.

My 6 year old has a full all to herself.

I couldn't imagine sharing one.
TattedReader
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
pshhhh my DH does the same thing. but I'll accidentally fall asleep on the couch reading so...
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
lol yes tax time...we are getting a queen. i really wanna king but we wont be able to move around our room well

Quoting KendallsMommee:

Get a bigger bed.

My 6 year old has a full all to herself.

I couldn't imagine sharing one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)