Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is this dress code fair?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 135 Replies

Saggy pants are banned!

At least two Houston-area McDonald's have banned low-slung, baggy trousers. "The signs say:
Pull your pants up or don't come in.
Try to have some decency and respect for others.
No one wants to see your underwear

Saggy pants are the most commonly targeted piece of attire. In Texas alone, entire malls have banned people from wearing them, as has the Fort Worth, Texas, public bus system. Recently, more than a dozen Houston-area apartment complexes have instituted a fine of $100 or even eviction for renters who wear saggy pants on the properties.

Do you think people should be banned and possibly fined for wearing saggy pants?

Do you know anyone who dresses like this?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM
6 moms liked this

It's not a law it's a rule that a business has...which means you don't have to follow it, just don't patronize the business... it's their choice to make the rule and your choice to boycott their business.

goddiddlyumshis
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Here in jersey, if you're in wildwood.... You can't be saggin lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura1986
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I used to work at a convenience store and anytime someone came in with their pants hanging under their ass I made them pull them up. It's gross and disrespectful. No one wants to see your underwear and as a mother I don't want my kid seeing it and doubt anyone else wants their children seeing it.
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes I think its fair. I sure don't want to see someone undies. Its not that hard to pull the darn jeans up man.
Katikins
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM
8 moms liked this

I love this and wish ALL businesses enforced this. It is nasty to see someone walking around with their rear end hanging out. When I was a parole and probation officer I put that as one of their conditions that they could not wear saggy baggy pants!

thatgirl70
by Carin on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
3 moms liked this
It's disgusting to see grown men (and I've seen them in their 30's) walking around with their pants below their ass. It's not fashion, it's ignorance.
jomami
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Quoting ditsyjo:

It's not a law it's a rule that a business has...which means you don't have to follow it, just don't patronize the business... it's their choice to make the rule and your choice to boycott their business.

Do you think businesses are being discriminatory but not allowing saggy pants?

Would you be more likely to eat somewhere where you knew you wouldn't see someone wearing saggy pants?

jomami
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Quoting laura1986:

I used to work at a convenience store and anytime someone came in with their pants hanging under their ass I made them pull them up. It's gross and disrespectful. No one wants to see your underwear and as a mother I don't want my kid seeing it and doubt anyone else wants their children seeing it.

What did people say when you told them to pull up their pants?  Did they argue with you or just pull them up?

JTROX
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

If the sagging includes showing off your underwear, then YES!

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Its a private business, if they want a certain dress code, so be it, it's completely fair. No one is forced to wear their pants low or eat there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)