Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hi

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello my name is christina and i am new to any advice websites. I just had my first son in June and i am having some issues and im worried im doing things wrong is there anyone who can give me some advice PLEASE PLEASE!!! My husband is in the military and gone for days at a time so i am struggling since we just relocated here in Texas and I dont know anyone.

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessicalynnhall
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Hi! My name is Jessica. Ask away I'm always willing to help if I can

cmelliott
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM

ohh thank you so much, so my son and i just traveled to Ca on the plane which he did fine but a week later he had stuffy nose which im using saline and nose sucker, cough, spits up sometimes and the dr put him on ammoxacilian and now he has a horrible diaper rash that i am using deaitin for but nothin seems to be helping him and its been about a week since we went to the dr. He is also teething early to i have been giving him tylenol for that whenever he gets extra fussy but that seems to be 90% of the time. Im going crazy and i feel so bad. What can i do?

momto3-96
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

He could have a yeast infection from the meds. Not a big deal but will need a cream for it, some Dr's will call it in or you can make your own.

Happy Hiney (Diaper Rash Cure)

Equal amounts:

• Anti-itch cream (.01% hydrocortisone)
  • Anti-fungal cream (such as lotrimin)
  • Desitin

Mix together and add enough Maalox (anti acid) to make a usable paste.

Truelove77
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM

HI :) As a mom to 2 girls who are no longer babies I know some things.GL ((HUGS))

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group,
Congrats on your new little one.
Here is another group you may find helpful.

Nice to meet you :)

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Welcome to the group! Where are you in Texas?
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Welcome to the group!!  I'm sure you are doing things fine.  He looks adorable in the pic.  Is there a specific area that you think you are lacking?  There are thousands of military moms here that can help you through your situation.

1CrazyCajun
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Welcome to the group. I know there are lots of moms here willing to help out. :)

~* No Drama Mamas*~  Join Us

β˜†Promote your Businessβ˜† - Join us

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Hi, welcome to the group. It can be scary when you are on your own with your first little one! Definitely check out the babies group, and ask your doc about the diaper rash. It's pretty common with an antibiotic though. My babies are all grown up, but the best tip I have is leaving the diaper off when you can. And be sure to keep the area clean and dry. Good luck!

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Welcome to Cafemom! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)