Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What exactly is Obamacare?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 3 Replies
This is not a debate,just honest questions. My employer does not provide healthcare what happens to them? Right now I qualify for gov ins but I'm sure I'm going to lose it because of my income. What's going to happen to me if my employer doesn't provide healthcare and I don't qualify for state ins.
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
p3rd_one
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Obamacare is the unofficial name for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. It is, in part, a way for people to buy federally-regulated health insurance. Try visiting their website: https://www.healthcare.gov/

I haven't looked into the different plans they have, but I hear it is quite a bit more affordable than the big insurance company policies that used to be the only choice. If you already have health insurance through your employer, there is no need to look into these plans; however, since your employer does not provide insurance, you might want to look into this.

kaylasmom22
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Bump
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

You will end up on Obama Care. That is the countries new socialized medicine. It's not going to be good. It will cost a lot.  The care will be crappy.  There will be waiting periods for some things and some surgeries.  If your to sickly. They will give you the end of life talk. Telling you of assisted suicide. Don't let the liberals tell you how great it will be.  It will be just like Great Britain or Canada.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN