Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat! 10/7

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 116 Replies

Let's Chat!

What's on your mind?  What are you doing today?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

have a nice day  

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm juggling work and insurance stuff since we hit a deer on the way home Sunday night. No injuries to any of us, thank God! The deer didn't make it, though, and we got some other body damage to the front fender and wheel well, but nothing really major and the airbags didn't deploy. Hopefully, the appraiser comes soon and we can get this thing taken care of. It already makes me hurt looking at my baby.

Here are a couple of pics - the fog lamp is hanging behind the hole and hitting on the black piece in the wheel well:

smenjivar
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I'm at work thinking about the up coming holiday season. I want to take my kiddos volunteering, but don't know how to go about it. Like to search for reputable charities.
smenjivar
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Glad no one was hurt.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I'm juggling work and insurance stuff since we hit a deer on the way home Sunday night. No injuries to any of us, thank God! The deer didn't make it, though, and we got some other body damage to the front fender and wheel well, but nothing really major and the airbags didn't deploy. Hopefully, the appraiser comes soon and we can get this thing taken care of. It already makes me hurt looking at my baby.

Here are a couple of pics - the fog lamp is hanging behind the hole and hitting on the black piece in the wheel well:

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I have sick kiddos home today so planning to go to the doc's after work. :/

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Bummer! But at least you're all okay!

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I'm so glad no one was hurt, that could've been much worse.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Cafe AmyS

Do you have any food banks or homeless shelters in your area?  They might be a good place to start.

Quoting smenjivar:

I'm at work thinking about the up coming holiday season. I want to take my kiddos volunteering, but don't know how to go about it. Like to search for reputable charities.

Cafe AmyS

I hope everyone is on the mend soon!

Quoting bamababe1975:

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Do you go to church? Often they'll have simple programs that kids could get involved with, like collecting coats or blankets, working at a feed the hungry type event, etc. You can also look for the local food bank, Salvation Army, etc., and they'll have things the kids can do, too. :)

Quoting smenjivar:

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Thanks! My oldest is the one I'm most worried for - she's been complaining about her throat and I'm hoping it's just irritated/inflamed tonsils from the cold, and not actually strep.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I hope everyone is on the mend soon!

Quoting bamababe1975:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)