Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Divorce

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

After 15 years of being mistreated and ignored.....I am divorcing my inlaws!  My kids have been ignored, while their cousins were being publicly adored on from the view of my kids.  There has been a lot of hurt since my husband and I got married 15 years ago.  They have ruined my wedding for their own selfish desires, emabarrassed me at my firstborn's babyshower by having a gossip session with friends they invited while we were trying to start games.  They have come to very few activities of my kids (only after I have literally begged them to show up), but then talk the entire time how their church or other grandkids school do things better.  They have caused me so much stress and anxiety over the years, but when they accused my oldest daughter and their 2nd oldest granddaughter of taking makeup from their oldest granddaughter and her cousin, I have had to draw the line and keep my children and myself from my inlaws to stop the pain.  I have told my husband I can no longer be present for his family stuff, due to all the drama his side of the family has caused in our lives, I'm so glad he understands ;)

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM
2 moms liked this
thats good u get to get the useless drama out of your life and even better he understands and supports u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnightmooncom
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Dont let them put u down!!! They arent shit, only ur children matter.. Fuck them their hateful & u dont need that
midnightmooncom
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Dont let them put u down!!! They arent shit, only ur children matter.. Fuck them their hateful & u dont need that
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group,
Glad you're dH understands ..
How sd for all ::sigh::

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

It is great he understands! =) I could't imagine going through that. I know someone that has a similar issue as your's and it's sad. I don't see how someone, especially grandparents, that can put one offspring above another. They are all supposed to be loved the same way you loved all of your children. It makes me wonder if they had a preference over one child and if that child suffered growing up because of it.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

sometimes you have to do that

tiniowien
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

He likely is sick of it as well 

Tay06
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:25 AM

That's good that he supports you!  I hope things get better for you!

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Oh girl do we have the same in laws. I just divorced my in laws also. I told them w/o divorcing my husband I no longer want to be apart of that family anymore. My husband back me up 100%.
LuvMyZBoy
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I agree with all regarding how significant it is to have your husband's support in this. The book "Boundaries" is a great read - as it is likely that you or your husband will still have to interact with them on some level for different reasons in the future. Could be worth checking out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)