Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

pregnant or not?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

hii everyone,

okay heres the deal. i did get my period on the 5th but today i practically ended which was bout only 3 days so it was way shorter. my friend said thats someway to see if you're pregnant. i dont have a good digestive system but lately i jst cant stop going to the bathroom and i dont even eat much really. i have cramps sometimes and some food makes me nauesous even though not too long ago i wanted to eat it so bad. as more time passes by i feel like i am

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Take a test is all i can say
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM

It is possible.  A short period is not something I've heard of as a sign of pregnancy- the period is the releasing of the tissue that the body has made to provide a place for the fertilized egg.  If there is burning when you use the bathroom, you may have a urinary tract infection.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

While it's certainly possible that you're pregnant, a shorter period isn't necessarily a sign that you are - a shorter period could just mean you didn't have as much tissue to slough off this time. If you're having digestive troubles, that could also shorten the duration of your flow. I suggest talking to your doctor and/or taking a test to determine whether or not you're pregnant or have an infection or something going on.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM

A lot of things can make your period shorter. Stress, diet (or lack of food if you're not eating), caffeine even. Wait a week and take a test. You may have to see your Dr. You could also not be eating enough to get a normal period.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Hi,

I would suggest taking a pregnancy test, but also talking to your doctor about the digestive issues you've been experiencing.

Good luck!

Maggiewaggster
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

well its not just that ive had a huge craving the other day it was bad i woke up at like 4 or 5 in the morning starving so i had to get out of bed to make me a sandwich i have an appetite or also loss of appetite still bloated nd heat flashes and nauesea

Quoting bamababe1975:

While it's certainly possible that you're pregnant, a shorter period isn't necessarily a sign that you are - a shorter period could just mean you didn't have as much tissue to slough off this time. If you're having digestive troubles, that could also shorten the duration of your flow. I suggest talking to your doctor and/or taking a test to determine whether or not you're pregnant or have an infection or something going on.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Nobody here can answer your question,  I would guess NO.  Take a test like everyone else!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)