Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Weight

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM
  • 8 Replies
In my first pregnancy I gain about 45lb from 165 to 210 it took me a year to go down to 143lb and I don't want to gain that much weight again! I'm scared because it was so so hard to loose it! I'm tracking my weight with an app that I have and in my 22week of my 2nd pregnancy it tells me I'm 4lb overweight! I weigh myself everyday. I try to eat normal but usually at night is when I get the most hungry I take long walks everyday, but that doesn't seem to bring my weight to a normal stage. Any advice or am I over reacting!? I am my worst weight coach! And it's bringing me down 😒
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Edenpeden
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Take it from someone who struggled with an eating disorder in their youth and successfully stayed stress free about weight during two pregnancies, you look great and youre obsessing way too much. To the point where it sounds worrisome. This is an amazing time to sit back and appreciate what amazing things your body can do, not hate it for putting on weight while making another human. Try and eat healthy and stop after youre fulfilled, keep active if you can and stop worrying! Delete that damn app too!
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes   Be healthy and do not worry about the numbers.  Your doctor would tell you if you were gaining dangerous amounts of weight.   When pregnant you need to eat more calories to sustain two lives so your body could be going into starvation mode.

Cjpmimmy
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! I was the same way with my pregnancy with my ds. I went from 112 to 162 the day I delivered. My doctors were happy with it and said I was right on track. But I was always feeling bad because friends of mine were only gaining 15-20 pounds. Don't worry about it please. You will be fine. You are healthy and making sure your baby is healthy is most important. An acquaintance of mine actually starved herself because she didn't want to get "fat". She delivered 1-1/2 months early. Her son was barely 2 pounds, because she was too concerned with herself. Be happy and enjoy this time!
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I totally agree with this.

Make healthy food choices and don't look at the number on the scale.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yes   Be healthy and do not worry about the numbers.  Your doctor would tell you if you were gaining dangerous amounts of weight.   When pregnant you need to eat more calories to sustain two lives so your body could be going into starvation mode.

3boysfun
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I think the moms before me gave you some pretty good advice. Congratuations on being pregnant again. I just had my 3rd baby. His name is Kyle  and he will be a month 2morrow. I'am having so much fun with him. You are just too adorable. Your rockin it with the blue hair. I love it. Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Whatever  the out come is don't let it bring you down.  My husband told me the other day I don't care how much weight you've gained. You gave me 3 boys your even more beautiful to me. So ya,just remember your body is doing an awesome thing and it's totally worth it.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Hi! I'm sure the ladies on the Weight Loss, Fitness & Health group could help you out with ideas for things you can try as well as to motivate you as a weight loss buddy. Here's that group's link:

Join us in the Weight Loss, Fitness & Health group

Quoting Sinbunny1104:

In my first pregnancy I gain about 45lb from 165 to 210 it took me a year to go down to 143lb and I don't want to gain that much weight again! I'm scared because it was so so hard to loose it! I'm tracking my weight with an app that I have and in my 22week of my 2nd pregnancy it tells me I'm 4lb overweight! I weigh myself everyday. I try to eat normal but usually at night is when I get the most hungry I take long walks everyday, but that doesn't seem to bring my weight to a normal stage. Any advice or am I over reacting!? I am my worst weight coach! And it's bringing me down 😒

Sheri0427
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM

It's all about having a healthy happy baby.  You can loose weight after you deliver that perfect baby! Relax...enjoy the moment it, each pregnancy is different. Healthy is the word!

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I eat a ton of fruits and veggies.  rather than a bowl of ice cream I have a bowl of raspberries with a table spoon or two of cream on them.  I drink over a gallon of water a day.  I just keep it next to me and sip it all the time.  

Im 34 weeks and I have gained about 2 pounds so far.  My  goal is no more than 10 pounds.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)