Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Crying all day at nursery school

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 2 yo has started school for the past 6 weeks, and apparently she cries whole day every day.How can I know if some is really wrong or it's just separation anxiety? I am really concerned. If I move her some place else how will I know if it's a good choice?
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
oOoLeilanioOo
by ♥Leilani♥ on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard to say. Talk to the pedi and see if they have any helpful hints.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Is it actual school or more like a daycare/playschool?   She just may be too young to be away from family or more one on one time with an adult.

Ray614
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Maybe she Missing you .

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I would talk to her pediatrician and ask for suggestions to help her. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I highlighted something you said in your post. Separation anxiety is "really something wrong." I agree with the above posts that she probably isn't ready to be away from you.

Quoting Lmr808:

My 2 yo has started school for the past 6 weeks, and apparently she cries whole day every day. How can I know if some is really wrong or it's just separation anxiety? I am really concerned. If I move her some place else how will I know if it's a good choice?

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM
How long is she in school? Or is it daycare? I've never heard of school for two year olds, just preschool starting at three years old and only for a few hours a couple days a week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3boysfun
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I would take her out and try when she is a little older. You don't want to make her have a misrable out look on school already. Some kids are ready at this age and some are not. I would be the teacher at home until she's a little more prepared and ready to go out on her own. If it's because you work I would pull her out and move her to a different place and see how that goes.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Today at 12:26 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Aww .. is she really crying all day?
Who said that to you?
Big hugs to you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN