Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

grrrrr so dang annoying!!!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 12 Replies
i have a small condo. it has a HUGE whirlpool garden tub. HUGE. like when i stand in it the edge of the tub meets my thigh. its so big across i can nearly lay stretched out in it. im 20 weeks preggo n feeling all types of aches n pains. all i want is to relax in that big ass tub and i cant.

my hot water heater is one of those super small ones. by the time the tub has 3 inches of water in it (not even enough to cover the jets) the water has run cold. it takes about 30 to 45 min for the water in the water heater to fill and heat back up. ugh i hate not being able to use this tub!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsix
by faith on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you own the house? If so can you afford to buy a bigger hot water heater? I think they run $300-$500 dollars or better get a heater that heats as the water is turned on.

caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM
no i rent it. and even if i did own it there is no where to put a bigger hot water heater. where it is now is in this tiny closet type thing and the air unit is on top of it. you would have to rip out the air unit and redo the air ducts to change it. :( whoever designed this condo didnt do a good job

Quoting cjsix:

Do you own the house? If so can you afford to buy a bigger hot water heater? I think they run $300-$500 dollars or better get a heater that heats as the water is turned on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by faith on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM
You could try to talk to your landlord and see if he would be willing to change to a tankless water heater. They heat the water as it is being used,rather than store the hot water in a tank. You could use the reasoning of the hot tub abd the fact that they are more energy efficient,as they don't use electric or gas to keep the water hot only to heat what you are actually using.Just a thought!
Quoting caligirl7613:

no i rent it. and even if i did own it there is no where to put a bigger hot water heater. where it is now is in this tiny closet type thing and the air unit is on top of it. you would have to rip out the air unit and redo the air ducts to change it. :( whoever designed this condo didnt do a good job

Quoting cjsix:

caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
i could try but we will hopefully be moving around the first of the year. it usually isnt a big deal i never really cared before but now i just wanna soak. the landlord is an ass anyway. the air unit went out this summer i called someone out here, paid for the initial visit for them to tell us what was wrong. he told us what was wrong and how much to fix it (technically landlords responsibility) i called landlord (who lives out od state) he made us wait 2 weeks before he came to fix it himself he messed it up worse and it in the end cost two and a half times more to fix than the original quote because he messed it all up. he paid it, went home and sent us a rent increase notice.

Quoting cjsix:

You could try to talk to your landlord and see if he would be willing to change to a tankless water heater. They heat the water as it is being used,rather than store the hot water in a tank. You could use the reasoning of the hot tub abd the fact that they are more energy efficient,as they don't use electric or gas to keep the water hot only to heat what you are actually using.Just a thought!

Quoting caligirl7613:

Quoting cjsix:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deloit
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
just an idea but fill it til the hot water runs out and wait for it to heat back up and fill again. The water may be a good temp then.alot of time but maybe worth a try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:54 PM
yea but the water that is already in the tub will have gone cold by the time it reheats. its just me complaining over nothing really lol

Quoting deloit:

just an idea but fill it til the hot water runs out and wait for it to heat back up and fill again. The water may be a good temp then.alot of time but maybe worth a try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomsMama07
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM
That would suck!
Rotorkitty
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM

If you really want to soak you may have to go ghetto. Get a couple huge pots, fill them with water and stove heat them. Have someone help you carry them in though, this way you have super hot water in there so when the water runs cold it makes it nice and warm for you. It's ghetto but I know when you're pregnant you are willing todo almost anything for some relief.

caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:49 AM
actually i have not thought about that. we have about 5 big ass pots like restaurants use to make soup nd stuff. SO could carry them for me. thanks!!

Quoting Rotorkitty:

If you really want to soak you may have to go ghetto. Get a couple huge pots, fill them with water and stove heat them. Have someone help you carry them in though, this way you have super hot water in there so when the water runs cold it makes it nice and warm for you. It's ghetto but I know when you're pregnant you are willing todo almost anything for some relief.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rotorkitty
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM

No problem, lol. I just know that relief is definitely necessary when pregnant. Just be very careful that the water isn't too hot ok? Don't want to over bake baby in there. Be careful cause stove water can get too hot. Make sure it's the right temp before jumping in.

Quoting caligirl7613:

actually i have not thought about that. we have about 5 big ass pots like restaurants use to make soup nd stuff. SO could carry them for me. thanks!!

Quoting Rotorkitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN