Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For moms who use birth control!!! What brand are you using???

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi Moms!! 

I am on a hunt for new birth control as my favorite one Loestrin 24 FE has been DISCONTINUED!!! The manufacturers made another one that is basically the same and same price however it is chewable! Yuck! 

I don't know if I can handle a chewable. I am debating, but thinking of just switching...

so what do YOU use? Thanks in advance! 

p.s. Please don't post condoms, abstinence, ect ect. That wont help me, I need to know the name of another good brand that women like. Thanks! :)

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Why can't you chew it? I'm sure it's flavored.
Could you just swallow it?

I've tried pills, depo & nuva ring. I hated hated hated the depo shot. Worse thing I've ever taken. I used the nuva ring for a few years and like that.
RADmomma
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Oh I tried mirena too. Didn't like that either.
Hollybriann
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Implanon for about a year. Hated it. Got it taken out yesterday. And I feel way better already
Mommyto3band1g
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Depo shot. Cons- weight gain, I spot a few days every 3 months. Pros- no periods, not pregnant lol, and I dont have to remember to take anything. I get a shot every 3 months.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Mirana wasn't bad for me
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Tubal. ;) haha 

caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM
i LOVED my mirena. no discomfort. no period for 4 years, its like it wsnt there. i took it out nd was preggo within a month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymommy23
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I have not had to use birth control pills in over 10 years.........but a chewable one sounds gross.   I would reseach and ask your dr :)

Piskie
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Implant. It's been awesome for me, maybe two periods in a year, no weight gain, no problems at all.
justbereal
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:24 AM
I'm on the generic brand of Loestrrin FE. It's microgestin FE... Had no probs switching and is a lot cheaper. Wow hope they don't discontinue it !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)