Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

we have our baby name picked out..... BUT....

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

We have had our baby name picked out before we knew what we were having, and have stuck with in... We are having a Boy due in december.

His name will be Jensen, BUT...

my SO side of the family has a hearing loss that is hereditary... Very strong. His great grandma (i think) on his dads side has carried the gene and passed it to a few others (4 total) my SO being one of them. His right ear has zero hearing and his left he can only hear because of his cochlear implant.

I was thinking, If this baby is hard of hearing of deaf will Jensen be a hard name for him? im thinking if he does have hearing issues that we should go with more of a basic name? Thoughts?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I would stick with the name if you love it. He'll have to learn a lot of other words that might be difficult... No use cuddling him when it comes to his name... You could always use a nickname.
MandaRose83
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha! Thats my youngest little boys name so of course i love it and am going to tell you to stick with it! Question what other more "traditional" names are you looking into? Jensen is uncommon but in my opinion its not unusual and its not hard to pronunciate. My son is 2.5 now and I've never had anyone goof up his name. You just don't hear it as a first name. Its usually someone's last.

kelliamber006
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM

maybe im just over thinking. LOL i just think that with an S that it will cause a lisp by him when he cant say his name correct.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

such a cute name! i dont think you should change it! life always has obstacles, throws ya curveballs, ya just learn to adapt! 

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I think you should stick with Jensen!  I don't think it's a hard name.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:32 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Go with the name you love .. take it a day at a time :)

SissyAnn141
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Quoting kelliamber006:

maybe im just over thinking. LOL i just think that with an S that it will cause a lisp by him when he cant say his name correct.

They do a hearing test, before a baby is released, .....

You need to tell your Doctor, and all Nurses.

Make sure they check.

Then ask if the checked, do not assume, "THEY DID".

kelliamber006
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I am actually going to request they do it more accurate and pay close attention... and possibly test twice just to confirm.

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting kelliamber006:

They do a hearing test, before a baby is released, .....

You need to tell your Doctor, and all Nurses.

Make sure they check.

Then ask if the checked, do not assume, "THEY DID".

TheSilence
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I think it is fine. To that child Jensen will be more normal than James.
BlueBalloon
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quoting alexis_06:

such a cute name! i dont think you should change it! life always has obstacles, throws ya curveballs, ya just learn to adapt! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)