Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you like to entertain/have people over?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 49 Replies
We do. We actually entertain a lot. Dh plays poker (texas hold 'em) so every couple of months we host a game. Usually we have a party before hand, just a cook-out or something for non-poker players and kids and then at 7 its poker time. We always host a big Thanksgiving dinner and invite all our friends and family over. We usually do something for Christmas and Halloween, or our kids will have a party.

Our kids actually "entertain" a lot to. They have get togethers at the house every couple of months too.

So what about you ladies? Entertain much or are we just weird :-)
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kysmama08
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to come to your house lol, sounds like fun! We switch off with our friends, 3 other couples. So about once a month or so we have one at our house. Although in the summer we do a lot of cookouts and fires :)

ebbierowe
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Come on over :-)

Quoting kysmama08:

I want to come to your house lol, sounds like fun! We switch off with our friends, 3 other couples. So about once a month or so we have one at our house. Although in the summer we do a lot of cookouts and fires :)

PrimalMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

We would entertain more if we had the house to do so. Our house is small and and just not the entertaining type... Its cramped just with us living here lol. Our last house was a ranch style house with a front porch, 2 car garage, and half an acre backyard. We loved hosting fires in the back, doing dinner and having movie nights. My friend and I would have sleepovers in their house or house too. We enjoyed it :)

kysmama08
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

:)

Quoting ebbierowe:

Come on over :-)

Quoting kysmama08:

rebeccab1966
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

We do.  We have a great pool, so in the summer it's sort of a given that we'll be entertaining alot!  I usually do most of the holidays here, too.  I LOVE to cook (and I'm pretty darned good at it).  We also have a trampoline so it's a kids dream over here.

buckeyetravels
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM

No.  We're private people and stick to ourselves.  

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I love cooking and having people over! To me its nice to cook/bake and then see the enjoyment others get out of eating it. But with just the kids and I now, I dont do it much. I try to get my SO to do stuff like that but he is a no go. He will host poker in his shed ( a nice 2 car garage for toys). I think if I cooked for them, they would want to come over all the time!... Good idea. Get them full and drunk and have SO win :)

ebbierowe
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Me to. In New Mexico we would have to poker tables going cause everyone knew I would lay out a full spread and a lot of dh's friends were single so it was a home cooked meal...lol

Quoting a06z08mama:

I love cooking and having people over! To me its nice to cook/bake and then see the enjoyment others get out of eating it. But with just the kids and I now, I dont do it much. I try to get my SO to do stuff like that but he is a no go. He will host poker in his shed ( a nice 2 car garage for toys). I think if I cooked for them, they would want to come over all the time!... Good idea. Get them full and drunk and have SO win :)

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I made Pizza Soup last weekend. And Sunday night SO was having poker. Cold, rainy, nasty. Nothing better to do I guess. I said you should take the crock pot to the garage and let the guys eat it. I got the death stare! It was funny. I was waiting for him to go "My precious". I guess I shouldnt ask him to share pizza soup with anybody! But I would love to cook and have them eat it all. (We dont live together. So trying to cook like I used to, it would go to waste. Or frozen and forgot about) 

Quoting ebbierowe:

Me to. In New Mexico we would have to poker tables going cause everyone knew I would lay out a full spread and a lot of dh's friends were single so it was a home cooked meal...lol

Quoting a06z08mama:

ebbierowe
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Lol...well at least you know hhe appreciates it

Quoting a06z08mama:

I made Pizza Soup last weekend. And Sunday night SO was having poker. Cold, rainy, nasty. Nothing better to do I guess. I said you should take the crock pot to the garage and let the guys eat it. I got the death stare! It was funny. I was waiting for him to go "My precious". I guess I shouldnt ask him to share pizza soup with anybody! But I would love to cook and have them eat it all. (We dont live together. So trying to cook like I used to, it would go to waste. Or frozen and forgot about) 

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting a06z08mama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN