Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have a little more respect for Miley now

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 36 Replies
2 moms liked this

People can say all the horrible things they have been about Miley all they want, but I feel I have more respect for her now than I ever did.

It all makes sense. What shes doing, it makes sense.

She had to break out of the neatly packaged Hannah fucking Montana mold that Disney put her....You don't just break out of that gently, she had to do the most wildest and craziest thing she could think, within means and moral. Chop her hair off and dance like a tramp on stage at a wildy publicized event.

I can think of a few actresses that had to do a similar bit in order to break out from under their own shadow.

Like Jessica Biel, she posed topless to break from her character on 7th Heaven.

I mean, I can't imagine having to constantly to be put in a little box, simply because of past works. I doubt anyone wants to be knowns as the girl next door forever. No one was going to think of Miley any different until she threw it in their face. And its sad that we hold celebrities to that standard.

It must suck being a celebrity.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jess80
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM
5 moms liked this
Idk. If I was getting paid that well and millions of young girls looked up to me I'd try to uphold my standards to them. My daughter grew up watching/listening to her and now I'm afraid to let her (11) see this new side of her because I don't want her to think that's how young ladies act. There are plenty of other singers out there that didn't have to do that. Yes its her right and if she was tired of being a girl next door then that's her right,I just wish she would have stayed a good girl since so many young ones look up to her.
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this
thats part of growing up though. all the stars do this to keep up with the age of the ppl they originally started out with.
when i was 8 and 9 brittany and christina were on mickey mouse club...we grew up...they did too....their outfits started to cover less, their dances got a bit more sexy and their songs as well. Miley is no longer trying to appeal to the 9 and 10 year olds, the girls who were 9 and 10 are now 18 and 19 and that is her fan base. she cant be 21 and playing 12..there will always be another star after her to appeal to the girls that are right now 8 9 and 10. if she stalls she will lose her fame nd popularity. simple as that. that being said. her vma act was a train wreck

Quoting jess80:

Idk. If I was getting paid that well and millions of young girls looked up to me I'd try to uphold my standards to them. My daughter grew up watching/listening to her and now I'm afraid to let her (11) see this new side of her because I don't want her to think that's how young ladies act. There are plenty of other singers out there that didn't have to do that. Yes its her right and if she was tired of being a girl next door then that's her right,I just wish she would have stayed a good girl since so many young ones look up to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree it stinks to be famous since every little thing you do is usually reported to millions of strangers.  OMG She pooped glitter we gotta put it on TMZ.  I usually do not pay attention to celebrities that closely.

Badbish
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Its not her job to make sure your kid has a good role model, thats YOUR job.

You're putting someone on a higher pedestal than you hold yourself. Thats the thing. No wonder kids don't have any respect for their parents now a days.

I REALLY doubt you'd want to be called Hannah Montana all your life, no matter how much money someone gave you.

Miley is 19, 20 years old.........when you were that age, did you want to hang around a bunch of 11 year olds? I sure as hell didn't.

Its better this way. I mean think about it, had she stuck with the Hannah Montana persona, and still partied and got in trouble, EVERYONE would have had a shit fit saying shes a bad influence anyways. The way she is now, you KNOW shes not someone you want your daughter to emulate.

Quoting jess80:

jess80
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I am not putting her on a higher pedestal than myself. I don't run around acting like that. Lol. I think I am a pretty good role model for my children. I'm just saying millions of girls look/looked up to her. I can see both sides of the coin here though.I'm just saying not all singers have to go all crazy there are a few that stay calm like Taylor Swift. No big deal though really she can do whatever she wants I just make sure my kids aren't watching her stuff anymore. Lol

Quoting Badbish:

You're putting someone on a higher pedestal than you hold yourself. Thats the thing. No wonder kids don't have any respect for their parents now a days.

I REALLY doubt you'd want to be called Hannah Montana all your life, no matter how much money someone gave you.

Miley is 19, 20 years old.........when you were that age, did you want to hang around a bunch of 11 year olds? I sure as hell didn't.

Its better this way. I mean think about it, had she stuck with the Hannah Montana persona, and still partied and got in trouble, EVERYONE would have had a shit fit saying shes a bad influence anyways. The way she is now, you KNOW shes not someone you want your daughter to emulate.

Quoting jess80:

Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
3 moms liked this

There are other ways for her to show that she's growing up. That her music and look are maturing like it should. But going the tramp route doesn't always work out the best. But she's doing what she feels is right and obtaining the goal she set out. To get everyone talking about her.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM
9 moms liked this
Sorry, there are plenty of stars who grew up and became beautiful, classy people. Miley is trashy, and IMHO, is wasting her talent.
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM

She making tons of money and getting so much attention.  This is all a publicity stunt - and it looks like it's working!

caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
she said that recently too i saw some interview with her and she was like everyone thinks im just crazy and dumb and acting out truth is, bad publicity is good publicity, im not an idiot and i know exactly what im doing. its all planned

Quoting Cafe Robin:

She making tons of money and getting so much attention.  This is all a publicity stunt - and it looks like it's working!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
While I don't disagree, let's remember that Taylor Swift has had more boyfriends than Miley Cyrus. she has this innocent halo around her but I wouldn't want my DD to grow up to be a serial dater or so bitter afterward like she is.

Quoting jess80:

I am not putting her on a higher pedestal than myself. I don't run around acting like that. Lol. I think I am a pretty good role model for my children. I'm just saying millions of girls look/looked up to her. I can see both sides of the coin here though.I'm just saying not all singers have to go all crazy there are a few that stay calm like Taylor Swift. No big deal though really she can do whatever she wants I just make sure my kids aren't watching her stuff anymore. Lol

Quoting Badbish:

Quoting jess80:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)