Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

first bday party

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:36 AM
  • 20 Replies
My son will be turning one in November so I started thinking about his party. I'm still new to where I'm living and the only other people I know here are my mom and her husband, plus one other couple (whose son is two weeks older than mine). So really the party will be very small. But... Would a Harry Potter party be totally crazy!? I'm dying to throw a HP party and I have so many cute ideas, I just don't know if its too "mature" for a babies first birthday party
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I think it might be to mature for a 1 year old... does your baby like harry potter?

ce_lemley
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Well that's the thing. We aren't big tv watchers so he doesn't really have a favorite character or anything yet. I mean, his favorite color is red. Anything red is the first color he goes for. And his toys are pretty much all leap frog and v-tech. His favorite toy is a green talking dog named Scout from leap frog. I guess it doesn't have to have a theme. I known he won't remember it so the memories are more for me. I just thought doing a theme would be more fun

Quoting ditsyjo:

I think it might be to mature for a 1 year old... does your baby like harry potter?

.LoveMy2Girls
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I would go with something that would be more for his age. You can always do harry potter theme later when he is a bit older.
.LoveMy2Girls
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD's 1st birthday is on October 30th and we are doing "Baby Minnie's 1st Birthday" theme for her. Something cute and girly.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I would save the Harry potter for when he's older.

For my sons first birthday we did The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I'm working on his 2nd birthday now and we are going with Dr. Seuss.
ce_lemley
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I didn't even think of theming around a book! That's a great idea! He loves books and we have a few favorites to choose from :) Thank you!

Quoting jobberwocky:

For my sons first birthday we did The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I'm working on his 2nd birthday now and we are going with Dr. Seuss.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
You're welcome. It's fun to do it around books. At one their interests can be very limited making it hard to choose a theme but most kids have a book they enjoy looking at the pictures of. :)

Quoting ce_lemley:

I didn't even think of theming around a book! That's a great idea! He loves books and we have a few favorites to choose from :) Thank you!

Quoting jobberwocky:

dreamarrow
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I'm doing a monster themed party for my twin boys who are also turning 1 :). Its very colorful and cute.
ce_lemley
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM

That's a great idea too! He's going to be a monster for Halloween because I thought it was just too cute! I bet I could get some really cute monster Halloween decoration, maybe even cake decorations,, for cheap since it will be right after Halloween. Plus it would be easy to make a few things for the party as well! Thanks!

Quoting dreamarrow:

I'm doing a monster themed party for my twin boys who are also turning 1 :). Its very colorful and cute.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM

it doesn't  mean you have to give up a theme...the theme can be a favorite book, toy or even activitymy daughters first was curious george ...my first sons first was john deere tractors... made a cake that looked like a plowed field and put a toy tractor on top. winnie the pooh would be a fun theme for a first birthday if your little one likes those books.or brown bear ,browm bear would be cute.

Quoting ce_lemley:

Well that's the thing. We aren't big tv watchers so he doesn't really have a favorite character or anything yet. I mean, his favorite color is red. Anything red is the first color he goes for. And his toys are pretty much all leap frog and v-tech. His favorite toy is a green talking dog named Scout from leap frog. I guess it doesn't have to have a theme. I known he won't remember it so the memories are more for me. I just thought doing a theme would be more fun

Quoting ditsyjo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN