Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Permanent Birth Control.......

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM
  • 8 Replies

Have any of you heard of Essure birth control??? Or have the Essure done??? I'm having my 4th baby and I'm done after this. I don't like the idea of having my tubes tied due to family history of heavy bleeding and complications after to end up having a hysterectomy done in the end. Plus its an office procedure and I won't have to be cut open or anything like that with having a tubal...... Thanks!! :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JessLynn2
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM

BUMP!

Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM

A friend of mine had it done and it has worked for her so far.  Of course I don't know if they use any other "method" as well.

temage
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I had a tubal. and loved it. I also wound up having a hyster and have loved that even more! 

good luck w/ the essure. I've personally never heard of it. but I also liked my surgical options! lol

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Hope someone else can give you thoughts on this ;)

b0bbied0ll
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I just saw the ads for this at my OB/GYN yesterday and looked it up. There was a lot of things online talking about women having a lot of issues with it. They complained of constant pain and quite a few women ended up with hysterectomies to get rid of them. 

lilsirsmomma
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM
I just read an article onABC news about this. Erin brochovic is wanting to get it off the market BC there is a high number ofwomen who reported perforations
chrisy8
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I went to my Dr. recently to discuss something more permanent also.  She recommended the Mirena.  After reading some disturbing info online, we decided just to use condoms.  I cant take the birth control pill anymore due to having an allergic reaction to it.  I was thinking about having a tubal.  I think there are too many possible complications with those artificial birth control methods.  Our bodies consider them foreign bodies and reject them.  Think about it and get as much info as you can before you do it.  

momofblueeyes04
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of it what is it. I had a tubal and regret it. I have also had a lot problems since I had it done
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)