Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My Daughter is being checked for CANCER! (UPDATE)

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

My eldest daughter has had a life time of battling disorders, epilepsy, autism, intellectually challenged(20 yr. old with the mind of  7/8 yr. old), eye surgery when she was 2 1/2, tonsils and adenoids removed 2 1/2 yrs ago for on going bad infections, gerds, anemia, and weak immune system.. Now this. After a yr. of battling one sore throat after another they had discover something deep down in her throat. She goes in on the 15th for a scope and biopsy. They said it could be cancer. Please keep her and our family in your thoughts and prayers. The docs said if it is cancer her battle is going to be a hard one. Her options are limited because of her epilepsy. We have told her one younger brother and will be sitting her other ones who are old enough to understand down as soon as they get home from school. Right now my heart is breaking and I am praying that it is something else less serious. Thank you in advance.

SHE DOESN"T HAVE CANCER!  =) We found out today! ) OCT. 30th

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lindsay89
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm very sorry your family is going through this. But I would wait to tell your younger children until it's confirmed. No need for them to worry if they don't have to.
Marisol1106
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so deeply sorry to read this about your daughter and I will say a prayer for her and keep her in my thoughts. Best wishes.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww so sorry hon,
Tons of prayers & good thoughts ;)

rebeccab1966
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry, the waiting is the worst, because at least with a diagnosis you have information and can move forward with treatment.  Try to stay positive, sending you many prayers and a great big hug.

Chelsey191
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM
This

Quoting lindsay89:

I'm very sorry your family is going through this. But I would wait to tell your younger children until it's confirmed. No need for them to worry if they don't have to.

oscarsmom70
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I'm so sorry to hear you and your family are facing this, jazzieel1!  

Sending you prayers and encouragement!

hugs

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers!
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Hugs. Try to stay positive
.JuneDiva629.
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Hugs and prayers
alexmommy2209
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I'm sorry we will pray for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)