Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

sahm blues. I'm feeling lonely.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 27 Replies
We just moved closer to family. My husband has been working longer hrs lately. 11 to 930 but he has to be out by ten to make it on time to work so from ten to ten I'm home with the kids. Lately emotionally the lonliness is creeping on me. How did you battle the sahm blues
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
exhausted_ma
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I come here. Facebook and lot.
CharmMom1216
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Bizzle
Lukas
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

group hugI Ii

Hoozeluv
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I go on Facebook. I visit family. Dinner with my parents once a week and dinner with my grandparents once a week. I take the kids to the park. We go out shopping (not buying anything).

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this

play tag.  take a walk.  read a book.  take a bath.  make some cookies.  anything but laundry and dishes lol.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Still trying to win the battle and Ive been a SAHM for 7 yrs. Its hard for sure, especially being 700 miles from everything and everyone you know
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Hang out here, find other Moms in your area.
Hugs hon ;)

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Hugs! I go to the gym, take my son to the library and mall so he can play.
dingysfamily
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I never had them ... and most of my years as a SAHM there was no such thing as CM, fb or even a computer!!

flowerfunleah
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I like being alone. lol 

But whenever I got some cabin fever I would take Dd places simply for the feeling of getting out of the house, ya know? The park close-by, storytime at the library (I like the ones with a craft at the end), swimming or dance lessons, little things like that. You're bound to meet someone at some point and outings like that keep a momma pretty darn busy! 

Happenstance meetings turn to friendships, friendships turn to lunch dates, and before you know it you're leading an active social life!

It also helps to join some mommy groups. Your local cloth diaper store might have some meetups like mommy and me yoga, prenatal yoga, etc etc., there's MOPS too that a few of the moms I know are apart of. 

There's always people to meet at the gym! And a lot of gyms have childcare so that you can work out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)